• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Questions about recoil on AR 6.5 Creedmore

Tazman

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2004
Indiana
I was fortunate enough to buy a AR10 Mega with Proof Barrel and it shoot light out. I put my AAC suppressor on it because I felt like the Huntertown can was a little long for the looks. The gun still shoots awesome but I noticed what I perceive as a bit more recoil. I was surprised how much more recoil it has. I will admit I am not really up on suppressor use even though I have 5 of them I just don't use them because of how long it makes the gun. Is this something that is normal?

I will have to see if that is possible for this rifle set up. I appreciate the reply.

The bolt carrier group velocity is higher so it bottoms out harder. Try an adjustable gas block

^^^^^^ what he said.

You can also add a heavier buffer and stronger spring. My LMT was tough to shoot when I first got it, but after adding a heavier buffer and spring. It shoot much softer.

You can take a slo mo video to see if you have bolt bounce, but as others have said, you are over gassed with the suppressor. The can should tame the recoil a bit once you have an agb. Maybe look into an SLR agb.

Scott