• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Questions on bottom metal for new GAP build

ProudKiwi

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
New Zealand
Hi guys,

I'm putting together a shopping list for a GAP build to commence next week and need some questions answered about Badger bottom metal.

Badger gear is not common in my neck of the woods (New Zealand) and I'm struggling to find the info I need. I thought I would ask here.

I'm building a single shot in .338 Norma Mag with either an A3 or A5 McM stock in Edge Tech.

All I want is some bottom metal that will essentially act as a trigger guard and a solid platform for the action screws to pull up on.

Obviously I dont need mags and followers etc.

Sooooo, what Badger bottom metal do I want ie - product code.

Cheers

Glen

Re: Questions on bottom metal for new GAP build

M4 Trigger Guard in Long Action is my guess.

Yeah, that was the obvious choice for me too but when I looked into the M4 a bit further apparently it comes with a follower and spring. Given that the stock won't have an inlet for a mag or mag box (solid as it's a single shot) it seems pointless to have any sort of hinge on the bottom at all let alone the follower etc.

Is there a Badger (or equivalent) alternative to replicate the Rem ADL blind floor plate?

Cheers

Badger M4 DOES NOT come with a spring & follower - you'll have to purchase them seperatley.

Ok, thanks Buckey.

But the M4 is still a hinged floor plate though yes?

Is there a badger (or equivalent) that is not hinged?

Kiwi;

Typically with a single shot action you would not run "bottom metal", instead you would have a simple trigger guard with an escutcheon to anchor the front action screw-

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Badger does not build a bottom metal that will work as you describe; the M4 has a hinged floorplate. The escutcheon is standard practice.

youre just looking for an ADL trigger guard. check out Sunny Hill theyre really high quality stainless steel. i just used the remington ADL metal that came with my remington xr-100 on my McMillan A5

Thank you Firebird, that is exactly the information I was after.

I knew I was using the wrong terminology when I wrote my first post so expected a bit of confusion. I was hoping someone could see through my retardedness
smile.gif

So, now that we have established that Badger is out of the equation, who makes the best trigger guard?

GAP's making it afterall so I may as well give them the good fruit to use
smile.gif

Cheers

Can't you just tell GAP what you want and let them source the parts? They should know the best parts to use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't you just tell GAP what you want and let them source the parts? They should know the best parts to use. </div></div>

Solid idea. Thats what I'm going to do
smile.gif

Just give Geaorge a blank check and a box of Drew Estate Acid Kuba Kuba cigars. He will insure you get teh best shooting rifle within a few thousand miles of yourself..well at least 1/4MOA or so if you do your part
wink.gif

I'm sure George and the boys will do a magic job
smile.gif

Thank you for the input. I want to do it once, right!

I missed your post sorry Razor. I will look into them.

Cheers all