• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Questions SOL m5 vs Grayboe m5 DBMs

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
I'm looking to order a McMillan HTG stock for a 700 and having it inletted for an M5 DBM. McMillan recommends the SOL over the grayboe I currently own due to tolerance issues. How much of an issue will this be? Are the grayboe's that out of spec?

I dunno but I like my SOL better than the Greyboe I had.

There wasn't a massive difference. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Grayboe. I didn't really compare them side by side. I didn't have anything to complain about the Greyboe. I just like the feature set of the Sol overall better. But, that is preference.

For what it's worth. I just put a grayboe m5 dbm in a McMillan z1 (m5 inlet) and it seems to work just fine. The grayboe seems decent enough, especially for the price. The finish isn't as nice as a few others I've seen but that's about it.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
Excellent, I was worried I would need to send mine in to make sure it would fit, but it sounds like a non concern. Thank you