• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Questions

JoeAdams

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
Hibbing MN
What optic should I put on my Ruger Mark 3 when I get it?

Also, What 10/22 should I look at for chipmunk hunting/ target shooting? I'm looking at the one from Magnum research

Re: Questions

Are you comfortable shooting over irons and want something different or have you reached my stage of the game, that is my eyes don't particularly like iron accept for close tactical?

And if you are looking for a scope whats your budget, fixed or variable zoom, target knobs, mil dot style reticle. Couple good options all around the price range just depends on what you are looking for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3oh8er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you comfortable shooting over irons and want something different or have you reached my stage of the game, that is my eyes don't particularly like iron accept for close tactical?</div></div>

Yep, I can barely see the sights in low light/bright, I'm only 34 though, I have the starting of glaucoma in my left eye.

OK. How about a dot site? There are plenty out there. The main consideration is the size of the dot. If you are shooting close range a large dot won't hurt but if you are going out past 25 yards I'd recommend nothing larger than a 3 min dot. Most also come with removable covers that can aid with varying light conditions. Extended eye relief scopes though can help with magnification but can take some getting used to. I don't know if they are the best solution for you situation.

About the magnum research rifle... I would high recommend building one yourself and get exactly what you want. I built one using a Primary Weapons System T3 tension carbon barrel and all the other goodies I could find and now have a light, super accurate dream 10/22. Best part is that it cost the same as magnum research. It will honestly put ten cci green tags in one hole at 50 yards.

TruGlo makes a nice dot site for $100 that gives you multiple dot sizes and colors. I think it is a good low cost site to help you figure out exactly what you want before you spend big bucks. Totally agree with tommyc279 on building your own 10/22. TacSol makes good parts also.

Burris Fast Fire is an option for a compact dot sight also, with a couple of mounting options.

Primary Arms makes a nice micro dot for $79. It would work well on the 10/22 also.