• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick Anneal any users out there with reviews?

Rover31

Jedi Master
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2007
Mos Eisley
As the title asks
Any real world (not influencer) reloaders out there using the Quick Anneal? Tell us your thoughts and experiences. Especially vs the AMP.
Thanks

Link below for those that haven't seen. Unit is coming out of South Africa. I did get a message that they are now going to be sending units to the US. Pricing I was told would be $990.

No experience yet, I am placing an order though. Requested an invoice just yesterday but they're waiting on machines to pass final testing and have serial numbers assigned before they're sending an invoice. I suppose it's a good sign that they're not accepting payment until there is product ready to ship.

The main feature I'm gonna test is their "Case anomaly and detection warning" system. Got mixed headstamp .223 cases to see if it can actually detect a difference between headstamps and to what degree of accuracy within same headstamp cases.

Edited to add - experience with a friend's AMP annealing 100 pieces of 308 cases, it's cool but I don't like having to remove the case from the machine after annealing and all the pilots needed for different cases.

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t taken off. As a casual observer here, usually people are all over the prospect of a new product, especially when it could take over the current market…(ahem…amp…ahem)

Reactions: Chris W.
The 30 second video on their FB page makes it look like something I'd want. Way better with the case feeder than the amp mate!

Reactions: secondofangle2
And so it begins….

And so it begins….

Nah...that was posted before....we are waiting for the AMP exodus!

In all seriousness....the AMP mate always looked like a Rube Goldberg contraption to me. I am sure it works, but after $2500 in parts it better. This can use a more simplistic casefeed, and could be a game changer......we have to wait and see.

Some info I found today from Quick-Anneal. The current production run is sold out. THey take the month of December off and will be back to production Jan 8. Product will be ready to ship out the end of Jan. I am hoping to have one on the way then and will report back.

I ordered one yesterday and was told the same thing. Being able to use any variable speed case feeder is definitely a nice feature.
AMP annealers are nice but they do less and cost $600 more . That’s not even factoring in the required pilots or the contraption they call the AMP mate. Which is $450 and requires a case feeder and stand . So somewhere around $700+ extra to auto feed. Even worse yet the AMP MATE will NOT feed BR/BRA cases. Which for me would rule it out anyway.

The amp mate always has been and always will be a proof of concept Rube Goldberg contraption as mentioned above.

It is too difficult to set up, too expensive, and too error prone to be practical for shooters who want to switch calibers.

It is simply way of trying to work around a faulty design that anneals cases upside down; I have an amp and I love it, but that is the God darn truth. The AMP was destined to be a manual feed device by its upside down design.

ETA: so, after thinking about it, I will be keeping my AMP and keeping my GIRAUD because I am not buying a second induction annealer and a separate case feeder, and having $3000 of annealing machines. Nor would I sell my AMP because that thing is just plain dialed and I use it for my lower volume, larger caliber, expensive cases. But if I were starting out fresh today….

Last edited:
Even worse yet the AMP MATE will NOT feed BR/BRA cases. Which for me would rule it out anyway.

I've run thousands of BR through the AMP MATE and it ran them just fine. Well, just fine meaning the same number of fail to feed to the shellholder as all the other cases I run.

But, I want to try this one to get that AMP MATE out of the mix.

I've run thousands of BR through the AMP MATE and it ran them just fine. Well, just fine meaning the same number of fail to feed to the shellholder as all the other cases I run.

But, I want to try this one to get that AMP MATE out of the mix.
I have no experience with the amp mate. I just took the info off their website. I have a feeling AMP will be coming out with a new version soon.
4488E671-8E9E-442C-8433-50C70CFE04C6.jpeg

Yeah, I know they say that now. When I bought mine they hadn't said that yet. I bought it specifically for BR. I now run Creed, 65 PRC and 300 PRC mostly.

I ordered one yesterday and was told the same thing. Being able to use any variable speed case feeder is definitely a nice feature.
AMP annealers are nice but they do less and cost $600 more . That’s not even factoring in the required pilots or the contraption they call the AMP mate. Which is $450 and requires a case feeder and stand . So somewhere around $700+ extra to auto feed. Even worse yet the AMP MATE will NOT feed BR/BRA cases. Which for me would rule it out anyway.

I must have missed something. "Being able to use any variable speed case feeder is definitely a nice feature." Were was this documented?

Bottom line If it does what it advertises. Which is everything the AMP does plus more without the need for pilots. While being around $650 cheaper . The AMP annealers may go the way of the labradar. Either way competition always benefits the consumer.
Love my AMP, and love my Labradar ... I guess I'm just sort of a "Renaissance Reloader".

How does the quick anneal machine hold the cases above from the case feeder when annealing?

Almost jumped on the $200 off AMP sale, glad I’ve found this thread today. Never really liked the case upside down loading on the AMP either. Great to live in a time of precision rifle innovations happening… first the Garmin and now this. No $ left over for the vortex impact 4000 🤣

Reactions: lash
The AMP annealer is a proven quality machine. Their website details the machine’s construction at their plant in New Zealand with an excellent video. The AMP web page is full of technical info and it becomes obvious fast that the designers of AMP annnealer know what they are doing.

I looked at the Quick Annealer web page and could not determine where it is assembled. Also, their web page is most all sales and hype. The Quick Annealer may be a very good machine and made of quality tested materials and well-constructed. I just have some basic questions. Does anyone know where it is assembled? are there any detailed pics of the machines internals?

My advice would be to do extensive research on the machine—especially a new-on the-market machine—before you send $$ to Africa.

Last edited:
Looks like a winner , always interested in a better product . AMP is tried and true and has a ton of fan boys , but maybe it's time to move on over and get out of the way .

I did a more detailed look at the Quick machine which came out a couple years ago based on YouTube videos.

One big difference for me is the Quick machine doesn't analyze cases to set the anneal time. The Quick method is subjective based on looking at the tip of the brass as it heats up and you push a timer button when it starts to glow. The anneal time is then stored in the machine.

If I'm required to determine the anneal time I would prefer the tempilaq method.

I want the precision and repeatability of the AMP Mark II Aztec analysis function even though it does sacrifice a case

I asked AMP about service after the three year warranty. Parts are free but they do charge for labor. They use their FedEx account to handle shipping.

For my needs the AMP Mark II remains the best induction method machine.

One big difference for me is the Quick machine doesn't analyze cases to set the anneal time. The Quick method is subjective based on looking at the tip of the brass as it heats up and you push a timer button when it starts to glow. The anneal time is then stored in the machine.

If I'm required to determine the anneal time I would prefer the tempilaq method.
Nothing is stopping you from using tempilaq to set it?

Once tempilaq reaches temp it turns clear and you immediately drop or cut flame...after it drops would seem to be too late...I guess...

Once you select the time on the quick anneal. If using tempilac you could back it off until it’s within the window . Where the quick anneal differs. Is that once setup it will point out anomolys such as neck thickness variations etc….Both will be consistent which is important. They just go about it differently. I’ve yet to read a bad review about either machine. Ryan McLean of MDT had good things to say about the quick anneal. I’m sure there will be more reviews to come. Here was Ryan’s response to one question off the quick anneal Facebook page. Again time will tell. I’m just glad we are starting to see more options for automated induction annealing.
B5E7B6A6-57AC-46F7-84F6-B1C528417882.jpeg

I saw that video, too. I believe that’s the old version. The new one has two sensors and does indeed analyze the case and gives you the time to anneal. That’s directly from them via email.

Lol...just on setting the annealing time...went back and edited that post to clarify...

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Update - just received an invoice email with payment link to Yoco (a payment processor). The invoice is for R18540 (South African Rand). Something to note that a lot of people might not know is if using a credit card, some cards charge a foreign transaction fee, so if interested in purchasing, use one without the fee to lower your cost. I also suggest if your credit card company offers it, create a virtual account. This would provide additional protection from fraud or breaches. Paid my invoice, we'll see how it goes.

I got added to the back order list. They are closed for yearly maintenance and summer holidays from December 1th to January 8th. But available for technical and sales support.

Reactions: Rover31
I saw that video, too. I believe that’s the old version. The new one has two sensors and does indeed analyze the case and gives you the time to anneal. That’s directly from them via email.
Im curious what they told you. Could you post their response ? I was told anneal time is set by watching the brass until it glows. I emailed Mill Creek Outdoors a couple of days ago . They are their European distributor. They have a couple of YouTube videos detailing the quick anneal . Here is what I was told when I asked how you determine the anneal time . Here’s their response.
4F505B51-6350-49D4-A4E2-BF2CE13DC098.jpeg

Reactions: Rover31
I re-read what they sent back and have responded to them for clarification. Below is what they sent. Reading what you received I now believe it's all based on what we see when annealing during test mode.

Rifle Brass is a special metal in the sense that as you visually see the metal start to change colour / glo it has reached anneal state. This anneal and recrystallisation window has a wide temperature range. Some other brands made it more exclusive smoke and mirrors by software and codes to make it seem special. They only use an ir sensor that is why you need to melt a case for their machine and the software deduct a couple of milli seconds to give you their code

Hence you can accurate anneal the metal by visualisation. We calibrated our machines with the help of lab tests and metallurgist. If you want, you can use tempilaq 750F we don't like it personally, but it is a tool. That is why people start using our machines it is easy to setup and you are in control to achieve certain results that is not possible if you cant change your heat time and the case hight.

They responded already. It is visual.

Yes if you familiar with the gas flame method ours are the same. We only use induction as the heating source.
Tempilaq 750 can also be used to very.
We do not bother as the units is calibrated and brass alloy metal starts to anneal as soon as you see the discoloration of the metal / color change.
You are in control and van therfore adjust your initial time to control springback / neck tension.
The lab and metallurgist told us when in doubt a bit hotter is better. So if you not sure adjust the time by 0.1 - 0.2 seconds longer.

Yeah, I’m still conflicted about this.

On the one hand, I agree that the amp has a lot of marketing Smoke and mirrors about some “perfect“ state of kneeling. While that may be true, most of us just want to avoid split necks and have consistent neck tension whatever that may be. So if your number for your brass hardness, I forget what it is but it’s supposed to be around 90, is instead 80 or 100, is it really that big of a deal?

On the other hand, the guys at amp have really done a lot of work on this and a lot of research and watching their videos leads one naturally to think that they have pretty much perfected the process.

I’ll keep using my amp for my expensive cartridges and my low volume magnum stuff, but this gives me some confidence that I can continue to use my Giraud automated flame and and not be too far off the mark

Last edited:
I agree there’s 2 really good videos on YouTube. I don’t know how or I would link them. Basically once you get the brass to between 90-105 hardness which is what AMP shoots for. This is around the time when the neck begins to glow. Also once you run that same piece of brass through your sizing die it’s back to basically virgin brass hardness. I spoke to a few accomplished short range Benchrest shooters. They told me they don’t bother with annealing
.However they said that the the long range guys do anneal because they are more concerned with ES/SD. Actually I’ve read where a coupleoc sr Benchrest shooters said they had to refire their brass after using an amp to get it to agg. again. Definitely interesting.
B17D67E3-DA0F-444F-84EC-985706029787.jpeg
C61E88F1-D61F-4544-904C-6F42B35FDA7B.jpeg

looks like a nice small unit.

Where r u located and when did you order?

looks like a nice small unit.

Where r u located and when did you order?
Midwest US. The package will likely get processed through Chicago (O'hare Intl Airport) Customs brokerage hub due to it being the closest. It either gets processed at the facility fast or it gets stuck in a multiple week limbo, before it gets sent to the closest FedEx hub and onto a truck for delivery.

First email was for a price quote shipped to the US, Nov 18, 10:30am CST. Requested invoice same day and received below as response.
1701383507332.png

Received invoice Nov 29th, 2:10am CST, paid invoice around 9:14am
1701383597793.png

Received very quick response after payment about shipping. Then received tracking today via email, although technically I knew about the tracking number already since I have a FedEx account and was sent an automated email.

1701383844970.png

Last edited: