• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Quick, complicated Ring question!

Desert_Spectre

Private
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2010
Western USA Regional
Ok, long story short, I have a Remington SPS tactical 26", with a badger Ord. 20moa pic rail. Im buying an SS10x42m as a placeholder for now while i start the STEEP climb for a USO SN-3 with 44mm objective... my question so i can order today is, Badger Rings, Im looking at the M40a3 set, or possibly the Max-50 set... which set/height would be ideal for the USO down the road, but will work for the SS for now?

Thank you very much for your time!

Re: Quick, complicated Ring question!

Think the lows are 0.823". I had them mounted on a Badger 20 MOA base with a Leupold MK4 40mm and I had plenty of clearance.
If you want the M40A3 contract rings P/N 1005-306-24 they are 0.886" and come with the 1" inserts, but are still 30mm rings. I love mine, have several pairs. I think the next size up is just over 1" tall if I'm not mistaken. M40's use the Max 50 in the front so they can have the SIMRAD mount as shown below. Hope that helps
243_2.jpg