• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Quick detach suppressors

ncp04

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2011
I'm a total newbie when it comes to guns, so please bear with me.
smile.gif

Are there any quick detach suppressors out there that slide on and off a muzzle without any threads or locking onto a mount?

The reason I'm asking is because I saw someone using a QD suppressor like this on his carbine, and the guy seemed to be attaching and detaching it just by pulling it at the tip. If something like this does exist, wouldn't it come off or loosen due to the pressures inside the barrel?

Re: Quick detach suppressors

There are quite a few models by quite a few different companies that use that kind of mounting system.
It may have seemed like it just slid on, but there will always be some form of locking mechanism, be it a spring loaded bi-lock, a pin system, a course thread, or the like.

It was most likely something like the Surefire or KAC style that pins onto a flash mount. You could take it off with one hand and if a casual observer didn't know what to look for, it might seem like it was just slid on or off.

Makes sense. Now that you mention it, it did look pretty similar to some of the ones by Surefire.

So there's no such thing as slide on suppressors without mounts, threads or locking mechanisms, right? I'm just wondering whether or not something like this exists out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncp04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So there's no such thing as slide on suppressors without mounts, threads or locking mechanisms, right? I'm just wondering whether or not something like this exists out there. </div></div>

Correct. Just like you assumed in the first post...if you didn't have any method of physical attachment to the host weapon. The muzzle blast alone would send it flying down range.

Yes, of course there is, for decades, Heckler Koch Tri Loc. To the viewer it would appear to be instantaneous and without rotation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, of course there is, for decades, Heckler Koch Tri Loc. To the viewer it would appear to be instantaneous and without rotation.

</div></div>

But in reality it would involve three locking lugs and a spring latch (HK), or in the form of other devices a spring biased system with three locking lugs.

So it's a locking system.