• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Quick Disconnect Scope Mount

SigTauJohn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2011
KC, MO
Im looking to switch my scope over to a quick disconnect system preferably in a one piece mount. It needs to always return to zero which I know I can get from a good mount. But I dont know what to get. I know Larue Tactical makes good stuff. Who else does? Thanks for the help!

Re: Quick Disconnect Scope Mount

GDI Engineering precision rifle optic mounts. In fact, they have a 30% off sale right now on their 0MOA mounts and this sale will never happen again.

Take a look - http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3211062

http://www.gdiengineering.com/store/products/p-rom-l-modeltm-rifle-optic-mount-0moa.html

promfirstrun_20.jpg

promfirstrun_8.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigTauJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking to switch my scope over to a quick disconnect system preferably in a one piece mount. It needs to always return to zero which I know I can get from a good mount. But I dont know what to get. I know Larue Tactical makes good stuff. Who else does? Thanks for the help!</div></div>

I put a BOBRO on a DPMS REPR. Returns to zero, or within a click.

Well engineered. Overall I'd buy one again.

Thanks guys! I guess I should add in im using a Rem 700. I guess QD isnt a requirement. I just didnt know how repeatable fixed mounts would be if I removed them and put them back.

I'm using Warne QD rings and a $1 bottle of dark gray acrylic paint for witness marks. Lines up the same every time and holds zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigTauJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys! I guess I should add in im using a Rem 700. I guess QD isnt a requirement. I just didnt know how repeatable fixed mounts would be if I removed them and put them back. </div></div>

You do not want a one piece picatinny mount if you are using a standard stock on a 700. The mount will place the scope far too high.

In fact I would not suggest a QD mount unless you really have a burning desire to swap stuff around all the time. A standard set of rings will work well. Seekins or Badger are my preference and they will set you back about half of what a decent mount will.

Does it really take these guys 8-10 weeks to get the mount to you?

Im using a B&C stock right now and Mark4 base/rings. I am seeing all these mounts are much higher. at least an 1" higher...

@coldboremiracle, nice rifle! (and 2nd Gen too)
wink.gif

AADmount looks good, but seems too high for my taste. It was designed for AR platform.

I found that the "native" DTA mount is both very good and can be removed/attached quickly. Plus, 40 MOA cant suits my needs better than 20 MOA.

I've been told that for precision rifles it's better to move the scope with good rings between rifles, as that would retain zero better than a QD mount.

so if I keep my Leupold Mark 4 rings on the scope and remove them from base and put them back it will keep zero? If i torque it to same specs everytime?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigTauJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if I keep my Leupold Mark 4 rings on the scope and remove them from base and put them back it will keep zero? If i torque it to same specs everytime?</div></div>
This is exactly my understanding, and exactly what I've been told.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigTauJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im using a B&C stock right now and Mark4 base/rings. I am seeing all these mounts are much higher. at least an 1" higher... </div></div>

Right, because they are designed for ARs, they can't go as low as a bolt gun.

that being said, I was looking for a 1 optic for 2 rifle thing, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it, mainly because of this =/

If you're hellbent on QD, spend the coin and get a GDI. If you're looking for a budget solution, get standard rings. I spent $160 on an ADM for this purpose. Rings were properly torqued, loctited, etc. Always reinstalled the same way but always had to make different adjustments to get it back to zero. The scope now wears Aadland low rings and I've invested in dedicated scopes for my other weapons.

I'm not much on the qd but I do have the arms qd mounts on one rifle there low and seem to work great...