• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Quick question on h4831sc temp stability

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
I just found my load for a new ss 5r .300 win mag. 72.7 grains with 208 amaxs. ? Is it temp stable?? Meaning in the range of varget? Thanks guys

Re: Quick question on h4831sc temp stability

According to Hodgdon it's member of the Extreme line and they are temp stable. I haven't shot the 4831 through a wide range of temps yet but plan on using it for .270 win and .30-06. Still working up loads.

German Salazar loads with it for 1000 yards in Pheonix year round I don't recall him writing about adjusting loads through the year.

My experience has been that it is pretty stable temperature wise but there is a good amount of variation from lot to lot. I use it for 1000 yard fclass and just buy 24 pounds at a time.

Thanks guys. You answered everything I wanted to know. Aimsmall

what mv are you getting? im getting 2870fps with 71.5g out of my 26in kreiger

I've got a 26" rock and haven't chronyd them yet but it's a solid 1/2 moa load at it's worse.