• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quick question on Kestrel (5700) and Bushnell Elite 1 Mile Arc ConX communication

Beneviolence

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have a Bushnell Elite 1 Mile Arc ConX (sheesh what a mouthful) that I got on sale a while ago. It feeds into the phone app fine but I don’t want to use my phone for ballistics, the Bushnell software is garbage, and I shoot at elevations between 5.5k’ and 12k’.

My first question is; can I have the Bushnell LRF feed range information into the Kestrel 5700, take wind/temp/pressure/humidity readings on the Kestrel, and have the Kestrel unit directly give me the mil hold for drop and windage with my programmed bullet muzzle velocity/G1 BC into the Kestrel? I don’t want to have my phone involved.

Second question is if the LRF capabilities for the Bushnell are decently accurate for the price point?

It’ll give you the elevation dope in the HUD of the rangefinder to the nearest tenth, no windage dope info.
They are accurate as long as you’re getting a good reading on the actual target and not surrounding features or veg.

I wanted to have the kestrel’s ballistic calculator take the LRF range input and be able to read the dope off the kestrel. Are you saying the only way is to read off the LRF that only reads the non-wind measurements off the kestrel? It uses the LRF calculator and not the Kestrels?

I wanted to have the kestrel’s ballistic calculator take the LRF range input and be able to read the dope off the kestrel. Are you saying the only way is to read off the LRF that only reads the non-wind measurements off the kestrel? It uses the LRF calculator and not the Kestrels?

yes it works both ways, but the hud in the rangefinder only shows elevation dope, not windage.
the kestrel will show both as normal with the range being fed from the lrf.

Reactions: Beneviolence