• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes quick ring question for vortex razor 5-20x50

bloodsport06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2012
nebraska
im about to order some tps 35mm rings for my vortex razor. i have a remington 700 long range with a weaver 20 moa rail. should i get the lows or super lows? i want to be able to use the flip caps. ive searched and searched an couldnt come up with the answer. thanks!

also im a little confused. i have the weaver 20 moa rail. do i have to get the weaver style rings or will the picatinny rail rings work as well?

I have a Razor 5-20 mounted in Vortex (seekins) PMR-35-95 rings. This is on my 700 Sendero with Farrell 20 MOA base. They provide plenty of room for scope covers.

Attachments

• IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
i went ahead and got the vortex branded seekins rings. hope they arrive soon because i just received my scope today and holy cow i have never felt such a scope. my others feel like toys!

If your Weaver brand base is cut with weaver cross slots then the Seekins picitinny cross members won't work. Weaver rings will work on a picitinny base though but not the other way around.

"Military standard, MIL-STD-1913 "Picatinny rails" date from the early 1990s and have very strict dimension and tolerance standards. The Picatinny has rail of very similar profile to the Weaver, but the slot width is 0.206 in (5.23 mm), and by contrast with the Weaver, the spacing of slot centers is consistent, at 0.394 in (10.01 mm). Many rail-grabber-mounted accessories can be used on either type of rail, and generally accessories designed for a Weaver system will generally fit Picatinny rails - although not versa. The Picatinny locking slot width is 0.206 in (5.232 mm) and the spacing of slot centers is 0.394 in (10.008 mm).[2] Because of this, with devices that use only one locking slot, Weaver devices will fit on Picatinny rails, but Picatinny devices will not always fit on Weaver rails."