• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quiz on Viet Nam

22 out of 30 , being as I wasn't alive then I didn't know some of the names of thr individuals.

Not bad for a public education

23/30 - I'm ashamed of myself but had seriously never heard of that stuff - especially the stuff about the early 70s

100%. 14 years of public education til '67. Another ten years of education from '68-'70 in RVN.

We must be about the same age. Fortunately I missed out on the RVN. Glad you made it home.

30 for 30-But I’m a late boomer and my Dad was career military and did 2 tours-I continually study this topic in order to attempt to understand my father and my childhood and the effects of this time on my youth and family, especially my Mom.

Reactions: skyrep
23/30. Born in 84.

On the question about Agent Orange, they forgot to mention "cancer to service members exposed to it".

My uncle died on my 12th birthday due to cancer caused by A.O. He was Army LRRP's and had some hair-raising stories.

Reactions: Maggot
27/30. I am a moderate military history buff so I'm satisfied with that. Born in 1981 and never went to college or anything.

Didn't get what school had the shooting. When I read the answer I felt like I probably should have been able to guess that.

Didn't get what amendment ended the war. Never heard it before even once.

Didn't get the name of officer who led the village massacre. Have heard of the massacre multiple times but not much more on the details.

Do have an issue with the article calling Agent Orange a "villainous concoction". It was a weapon meant to kill. Why wasn't napalm called villainous? Or arch light bombings that wiped an entire grid square off the map? Or how about all the slow ways GI's were killed/maimed with traps? Sounds like a statement a shitneck who feels free to Monday Morning QB a 50yr old war would say.

Only question I guessed (correctly too) was the American anti-war feeling. Never heard that term before. Anti-war sentiment was a common term but never heard that term used in the quiz before. 🤷‍♂️

Agent Orange was considered expecially nasty because we sprayed it on our own troops. Many of them suffer the consequences even today.