• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R700 Bolt Catch Assembly

mikethetiger55

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2014
I am finally getting around to assembling a rifle built around a DST barreled action and seem to have run into a delimma right off the bat. When going to install the trigger I noticed that I don't have the bolt catch assembly. After scouring the net it appears that these things are no where to be found. Does anyone have a spare factory assembly that they would be willing to part with? I am in need of the bolt catch, spring, and pins (short action, right handed).

Will reach out to DST tomorrow as well as some local shops, but wanted to check here first. About $25 worth of parts has me on hold. My fix-it-sticks arrived today and I was all set to get to work but that plan went out the window. This is my first assembly so I am sure I will run into some more snags but it is a learning process nonetheless.

Thanks!

Zero luck today with my local gunsmiths. DST is closed today and I`ll give LRI a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pins are trigger pins, those should have come with the action.

the release and spring I assume would have too but everywhere is out of stock and Remington doesn’t really exist anymore so... maybe look into a side bolt release? It’ll be comparatively expensive but it’ll fix this issue.

Thanks, I guess that is my last resort. My trigger has the bolt release built in, so I guess I will keep looking

So you just need the factory stamped plate and spring? If so I have a bunch of those. The plates are stainless but that shouldn't matter.

Reactions: spife7980
Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys at Deep South Tactical (DST). They found one for me and have it in route. Great customer service.

I bought a bare M700SA receiver from Zanders several months ago at the same time I bought a Sightron SIII 45x45 BR scope for the V-22S. The box it was in kinda got buried under 'stuff' in my office, and forgot about it until a few weeks ago when I decided to use it for a 20 Tactical build. Ordered a custom bolt from PTG, along with complete striker assembly, mini-16 extractor, and ejector kit before even looking to Brownells for the bolt stop & spring, pin, and sear pin. Never imagined that they'd sell completely out of M700 parts this soon after Remington went tits-up, but should've figured people would snap the parts up. I've got 1/8" dia drill rod to make the pins, and am going to send the receiver & PTG bolt off to LRI for their side bolt stop & installation. Normally do all the truing work myself here in my shop, but am fascinated with Chad's 5-axis set-up, so will have them do the truing, bolt stop install, and fitting the PTG bolt. I don't have the tools to ream the bolt bore, and always have to use lapping compound to work through excess CeraKote after painting bolt & action - they'll take that into consideration when they diamond hone the bolt bore. Even with dealer pricing, I'll wind up with as much or more in the M700 action as I would've if I'd bought a Zermatt/Big Horn Origin action - this could very well be the last M700 action I use...