• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R700 clone trigger recommendation

DesertScout23

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2013
Any recommendations on good R700 triggers with the following features:

- left handed
- no bolt catch release
- approx 8oz - 2 pound pull weight
- 2 stage trigger

I’m new to this bolt action triggers and looking for options. Thank you guys.

Reactions: Baron23
The Bix n Andy Tac Sport Pro two stage is nice. You can get about 4 different trigger types. The gator grip one is my favorite.

They have a Pro-x version now too. Never used it. Read about the differences here:

Reactions: DesertScout23
Was going to mention this as a friend dropped one into his CDG build and it seems to be smoother...by a tiny bit...than the TT 2 Stage.

Also, TT Special 2 stage....however, I'm not familiar with a 2 stage with the safety on the left...but there is a lot I dunno so...
Special Pull Weight:
1st stage: 8 to 24 oz
2nd stage: 8 to 32 oz

The Bix n Andy Tac Sport Pro two stage is nice. You can get about 4 different trigger types. The gator grip one is my favorite.

They have a Pro-x version now too. Never used it. Read about the differences here:
This is the one I’m thinking I’ll prob go with. I ordered a defiance action (lefty). It’s a R700 clone. Grayboe Phoenix 2 (lefty) stock. I should be compatible with the above: tac sport pro with a top left safety, yeah?

Reactions: carbonbased
This is the one I’m thinking I’ll prob go with. I ordered a defiance action (lefty). It’s a R700 clone. Grayboe Phoenix 2 (lefty) stock. I should be compatible with the above: tac sport pro with a top left safety, yeah?
I imagine so. Check Defiance’s website, pretty sure they’d list compatible triggers types.

I’ve had to remove a little bit off a right-hand Grayboe stock (terrain) for a right hand safety. No big deal.

Any recommendations on good R700 triggers with the following features:

- left handed
- no bolt catch release
- approx 8oz - 2 pound pull weight
- 2 stage trigger

I’m new to this bolt action triggers and looking for options. Thank you guys.
Skip the rest... TriggerTech. I've had them all, except Bix & Andy, but I've pulled a few of them in stores, and the trigger shoe (the part your finger touches) is really skinny and narrow, and doesn't feel very good to me. I like wide-shoe triggers, like the TriggerTech models with the Pro Curved shoe. It's very similar to a Shilen, Jewell, and old Remington/Walker trigger. The skinny triggers just don't do it for me.

I recommend a TriggerTech Diamond 2-Stage Pro Curved.

Skip the rest... TriggerTech. I've had them all, except Bix & Andy, but I've pulled a few of them in stores, and the trigger shoe (the part your finger touches) is really skinny and narrow, and doesn't feel very good to me. I like wide-shoe triggers, like the TriggerTech models with the Pro Curved shoe. It's very similar to a Shilen, Jewell, and old Remington/Walker trigger. The skinny triggers just don't do it for me.

That’s the one I wanted originally, but they don’t make the 2-stage in a left-handed configuration. It’s right hand only.

1696736027009.jpeg

Bix n Andy has at least 4 shoes…this gator one is fat.

Yeah the gator one seems wider and more tactile. Seems better for shooter feedback. That’s the one I’m after.

Fierce. My semi-local store (the only non-big box store in the tri-city area) is a dealer for them.

The first ones are the top end tactical range of BnA. You can see the trigger shoes too.

The first ones are the top end tactical range of BnA. You can see the trigger shoes too.
I never even went to their website, because the ones I felt in the store turned me off so bad... But I'll check them out.

Reactions: carbonbased