• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing R700 Dimension question. Recoil lug to front action screw?

uncledillers

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2010
The great white north
I looking for the distance between the rear of the recoil lug to the center of the forward action screw. I have a r700 sa clone action and its not fitting in a r700 sa stock. Just trying to figure out were the problem lies.

You might have a larger than stock recoil lug... Common to replace the stock POS with something beefier/thicker
Most drawings I've seen show 0.90", front action face to hole center

Last edited:
.910” to .914” Remington spec. Has your action been trued ? I know you said clone but....

I am going to hold off saying. I think it might be that they just sent me the wrong stock inlet. I am in contact with just waiting on what they say.
So they did send me a new stock. It was a MDT XRS. The new one fit like a glove right off the bat. Not sure what was the deal with the first one, but they definitely took care of the situation. They paid for all the shipping back and forth, all it cost me was a time and a little bit wear and tear on the new action trying to fit it in the wrong stock.