• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RAD bottom metal teaser

Re: RAD bottom metal teaser

Yup same here... He told me about it a few weeks ago. Looks great!!

They do look good, I especially am digging the latch. What kind of dough are looking at to own one, and bout how long before they are available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb3506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They do look good, I especially am digging the latch. What kind of dough are looking at to own one, and bout how long before they are available? </div></div>

Should be fairly soon the revisions are being done now. Not going to say a price but let’s just say with a 5 round mag it will be less then any other now being offered.

Thats great, im getting close to buying for my milspec 5r, as soon as I get my glass, dbm is next.
Thanks

That's more than a tease - it's almost like a fluff-girl...

Looks GREAT!

Any chance you will have an option for a .223 mag with it or have a separate price for just the metal?

Cheers!

Rooter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rooterbegger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks GREAT!

Any chance you will have an option for a .223 mag with it or have a separate price for just the metal?

Cheers!

Rooter </div></div>

When they are released you will have the option to order it with whatever AICS short mag you want, including the .223 mag, or without a mag for that matter. Obviously the cost will go up or down depending on the price of the mag.

Just got one of those nine in the mail. It's very nice! The mag release is awesome, should have it installed next week...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good.

If pricing is in line with Surgeon and Badger one may be in my future. I really like the design of the release. </div></div>

Better then that!

Randy,

I have a 300WM coming down the pipe real soon, getting a Manners stock for it, just have them cut it to the Badger M5 and I should be good?

Looks great bro!

ETA on LA bottom metal, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months. Just throw a rough guestimation out there, I wont hold you to it, just want to get an idea.

Nick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Randy,

I have a 300WM coming down the pipe real soon, getting a Manners stock for it, just have them cut it to the Badger M5 and I should be good?

Looks great bro!

ETA on LA bottom metal, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months. Just throw a rough guestimation out there, I wont hold you to it, just want to get an idea.

Nick </div></div>

Hard to say but if the revision go good with the short action then the long action will be much quicker to do, the latch is a lot more complicated to machine then you think. Long action should be a few months if I had to guess.

Looks awesome and great to hear it will be cheaper than other bottom metals (which a lot of us think are over-priced to begin with).

I'm sure it has the usual Randy attention to detail and quality which will make it a superior product.

will it be available for other brands? im guessing its a 700 item? savage is my main curiosity. good looking stuff, i like the release

That right there is the whole reason I've waited to switch to a DBM setup.

I'd like to place my order as soon as possible !!!

I will definately want one for my milspec 5R. Let me know when they are ready. Love the release mechanism.

Lookin' good!

I have one of the mag releases installed on a Badger DBM & it is great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will it be available for other brands? im guessing its a 700 item? savage is my main curiosity. good looking stuff, i like the release </div></div>

any chance a Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard version will be built?

I will be buying a LA Savage Bottom metal Before 2011 Maybe it Will be one from you guys.

Any news on release date? I will be in the market for bottom metal next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any news on release date? I will be in the market for bottom metal next month. </div></div>

I was told today I should have the next small revised batch in two weeks or less. I will have two short action versions to choose from. Once I approve of the revisions there will be a group buy going up for both with choice of short action AICS mags.

Hey Randy just 2 quick questions:

1. What does your DBM weigh with and without an unloaded 5 round AICS magazine?

2. Do both mag release levers move dependently or independently?

Thanks!

These out yet?
cry.gif