• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ragnarok Sniper Challenge?

MarkLeupold

On board the .25 train
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Did anyone shoot the Ragnarok Sniper Challenge in 2022? Looks to be a "Mini-Mammoth" in Minnesota. I'm interested in doing a field match of the like with some guys of mine and wondered if someone had feedback on this event.

I found a guy on reddit who either did it or knows the guys who ran it. I can't get to the 2024 match but am trying to find any matches in the upper midwest to attend but it seems there just aren't any. @MarkLeupold I don't know if I have to tag you for you to see this I rarely post here

Reactions: MarkLeupold
I was a RO at the 2023 challenge. We had temps in the 100's so we only had 7 teams shoot. I plan on shooting it this year. It was a great event.
There was a learning curve that should be better this year. It was a first for many but it worked out pretty good. I think this year will be much better with everyone more prepared.

I was a RO at the 2023 challenge. We had temps in the 100's so we only had 7 teams shoot. I plan on shooting it this year. It was a great event.
There was a learning curve that should be better this year. It was a first for many but it worked out pretty good. I think this year will be much better with everyone more prepared.
How was the match in terms of stages and movement between them? I don't recall seeing anything about movement distances, time hacks, engagement distances, round count, etc.

Reactions: camocorvette
@MarkLeupold I mean to sit down and respond in depth. I just haven't had the time, I will soon though.
I'll say some of it was a Kim game with 2-5 minutes and you had to shoot what you found.

So I'll try to shed some light on the portion of the match I saw.
Each team is going into the stage blind. Targets where 10 yards to 600 yards.
Pistol targets where as far as 50 yards.

The targets were not camouflaged, but some where near impossible to see, yet they where out in the open. I believe every target was painted white.

Roughly 180° field of fire on some stages. Some stages had a prop to shoot off, some stages you needed to improvise. Not a lot of prone shooting. Maybe one stage.

A stage may have a additional task that doesn't require shooting. Could be before or after the shoot.

Pistols being zerod is a absolute must. The top 2 teams where in their positions mainly based on Pistol impacts. Not every stage included pistols. But some stages could have as many as 30 possible impacts from each shooter.

Movement was as little as a couple hundred meters between stages to over a mile. It paid to be fastest on the Movement. The stage did not start until all teams where there and there was a ten minute break/prep. If you where first you might get a 30/40 minute break.

Pack only the essentials plus comfort gear to sleep in. What you start with Saturday morning is what you finish with Sunday afternoon.

Water is provided, but you are reliant on yourself for food and extra hydration other then water.

This year I've heard there may be some new additions. Possibly land nav of some sort. Maybe some soldier skills. I'm not sure yet. I'm not in the planning loop. And I plan on attending this year's with a friend as competitors.

Edit to add:

I think round count was 120 possible rifle and 120 possible Pistol. But that should be updated closer to the match happening