• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

leadbullet

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
kitsap WA
Hi guys, I am a glock guy that need a 1911 with a railed dustcover, what are your recommandations for around $900
this will be carried and shot a lot (1000 rds a month)I need something reliable, strong fairly accurate with a decent trigger and sights out of the box.
thanx in advance.

Re: rail 1911

Sig Tacops or just about any of their other offerings are good to go, and close that price range.

Got this one for 720.00

5914877451_caf9c06bda_b.jpg

5914873065_292770e820_b.jpg

Not trying to start a war here, but the higher-end Springfield 1911s are vastly superior to Kimbers :p I love my Springfield MC Operator, and you should be able to find one of those for around $900 in like-new condition. So what if someone helped you break it in by putting a few hundred rounds through it...

Colts are good. They tend to have sharp edges and a loose slide-to-frame fit (not necessarily a terrible thing, depending on what you do with it). I carried a Colt 5" all day, every day for over a year, shot it a lot, and took classes with it with no issues.

I've liked every STI I've ever touched. Don't own one, and I've never put enough rounds through one to say one way or the other on long-term function, but they have a following.

Sig supposedly makes a good 1911, but Sig USA as a company is a far cry from the golden age of the Sig Sauer Classic P series in the 80s and 90s. The current owner has an unfortunate history of running perfectly good gun companies into the ground (talk to one of the KIMBER fans about that one). Also, Sig 1911s have external extractors, and real 1911s don't have external extractors. :p I personally would stay away from Sig right now.

And Kimber, well...yeah.
sick.gif

Go springer or colt if u aren't going semi custom. I still don't trust the new sigs, s&w, Taurus yet. Springer customer service is too notch and colt is well colt they kinda know how to make a 1911. I have a rail gun and it's amazing

got my hands on the sig, S&W and a kimber at the local gunshop, the sig impressed the hell out of me and so did the smith,I already hjave a kimber match that i don't shoot much so I guess the sig is in the lead.
thanx for all the input guys.

Love my SIG 1911. Hasn't screwed up once, though I dont treat it like a Glock.

Yeah bag on Kimber all you want ha ha! Some people have had less than good experiences and that sucks to hear. I have a 2007 custom TLE/RL II that continues to amaze me. Its hands down the most accurate pistol I own and I have a few. It could be all imagination or maybe im just a 1911 guy but i have never had a problem. I have shot it to the point where I had to get the slide re-finished by kimber which went extremely smooth by the way. The way I see it... The 1911 platform is king any way you slice it.

Kimber, colt and springfield are all making some good handguns. I have all 3. My favorite is my Springfield TRP( a little more than the $1000, but one of the best there is).

I've owned, shot, and carried on duty 1911s for a long time.

I steer people away from Kimber every chance I get. I've had five or six and never had one I didn't have to have worked on. Not a good investment.

STI is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Sig makes a good 1911. SA are good.

Obviously Wilson, Ed Brown, and Les Baer examples of "you get what you pay for"