• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes rail for my rem 700 338Lapmag

BLOODHOUND

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
i was looking into getting the badger 20moa for but i know there are alot of other ones out there i wish we had a poll option on this forum but we dont oh well so what I guess i am asking what else is new and good on the market and is the badger rails as good as i have been reading

Re: rail for my rem 700 338Lapmag

Your receiver is factory threaded for 8-40s, so unless you purchase a rail already machined to accept the larger screws and screw heads, you will have to modify it.

Once you get in to that range of quality rails, functionality is pretty much on an even field. I would recommend buying a rail that has a lug machined in to it, even though you will be using larger screws and your rifle has a comp, for me that lug provides added security to insure things don't go anywhere. Seekins and Nightforce rails have the recoil lugs.

i think you can call in and tell badger that i need the 8-40 and they will do that for me also the badgers say that they do come with the recoil lug as well

I got the Larue 20 MOA base. Outstanding quality and it comes with 8-40 screws. Also has a recoil lug. Price was only $75 which includes a ton of freebies, including the awesome Dillo Dust.

I was also thinking about the Larue rail for my Rem MLR. Does anyone have any experience with the EGW rail? They don't show it available with the 8-40 screws but they could.

I just ordered a 20 moa rail from EGW. Thay said that they would drill it and sent 8-40 torx screws, all for about $50. they said that it would only take 3-4 days before it would ship.

Just got my Badger 30 MOA rail from Triad. Drilled for #8's. Very nice part. Took about a week.

I can have any of the Badger rails done to 8-40 if needed. When you order online, be sure to put the fact that you need the 8-40 modification into the order comments. I can usually get the rail mod done within 1 week, depending on Badger.

Any thoughts on the Nightforce 40 MOA rail? I was thinking about putting one on my 700. Anyone use one of these?

Plus one for the badger I have a 30MOA on mine and it's the Dux nuts