• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rail for suppressed SBR?

baue

Minuteman
Jun 22, 2014
Colorado Springs
So I'm building an SBR and its going to have an AAC SDN6 on it at some point in the future (Easter? I hope...) but I'm not sure what to do with my rail situation. I don't want to sink the suppressor into the rail because that kind of defeats the QD functionality of the suppressor but I also don't want the barrel hanging out too much. The barrel is an 8.5" Noveske 300 BLK barrel so what would be a good rail/rail length to use? An FDE rail would be great but at this point I'm just trying to compile a list of possibilities. Thanks for the help!

So I'm building an SBR and its going to have an AAC SDN6 on it at some point in the future (Easter? I hope...) but I'm not sure what to do with my rail situation. I don't want to sink the suppressor into the rail because that kind of defeats the QD functionality of the suppressor but I also don't want the barrel hanging out too much. The barrel is an 8.5" Noveske 300 BLK barrel so what would be a good rail/rail length to use? An FDE rail would be great but at this point I'm just trying to compile a list of possibilities. Thanks for the help!

Are you running the switchblock?

I wasn't planning on it. How bad of an idea is it to not run the switchblock?

It's not really a bad or good idea to not run it. I run on mine, and I think it is great. As far as a rail for an 8.5" barrel and you don't want it over the suppressor, buy any 9" rail you choose and cut it down if you have to.

I was in the same boat as you. Different barrel but same can. I have a 8.5" Rainier Arms Ultramatch barrel on mine. I went with the 7.2" Troy alpha rail and it fits pretty perfectly. An 8.2" would work too since mine has a tiny bit of barrel sticking out (maybe a half inch). SO any 7" or so length rail should allow you access to the QD portion of the can.

Like you i wanted an FDE rail and found that to be somewhat limiting too. Didnt want to buy a 150 rail just to pay 30-50 bucks to get it coated FDE

rvS9kks.jpg

Thanks for the picture, thats an awesome point of comparison for me! I thought around 7" would be fine but I wasn't sure how it would work out with the threading/muzzle brake so that sort of visual was what I needed.

Oh, and nice pistol ! :cool:

7" rail on an 8 1/2" barrel works good. Be careful coating rail so you don't end up with a blackish fde paper weight

I concur. 7.3" is just about perfect for the 8.2" Noveske barrel. I cut my URX4 down to 7.36" to get that gap down to less than 1/10".

I would give the SLR Helix hand guard a good look. Running suppressed will run hot, and the Helix will be cooler than many rails out there. Lots of airflow. It was way cooler than my BCM KMR rail, both guns running suppressed, though the BCM rail gun is a Colt 6933, 11.5" sbr, and they will run a bit hotter, but the Helix on the 16" suppressed was way cooler.

Are you running 100% suppressed 300 blackout? I think you'd be fine running the non adjustable gas block Noveske supplied with the barrel. You might have to figure out which buffer to get, I'm sure Noveske could recommend a weight. If you were building an 8.5" 556, I would suggest the switch block or SLR adjustable gas block. Anything to keep it in battery an instant longer.
While you wait for your stamp, you can have it coated in FDE.
Love the SBR's

Scott