• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rail Mounted LRF's

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
I tried to google this, then I come here and not sure where to ask this question. I feel here is best but with these very specific filters, I felt Night Vision and Spotter was least appropriate but now, as I'm typing this, maybe Spotter would be more appropriate to ask?

Anyhow here's my question. I'm in the market for a Rail Mountable LRF. Why did Silencerco discontinue the SWR Radius. Were there issues? It just wasn't selling like they thought? Very curious. The only other option I'm seeing is the Wilcox Raptar. There are NO other options or am I missing something?

SiCo is fine with selling products that have issues so it's most likely that it really really wasn't selling. Brownell's had them half off for a while after the discontinuation before they all dried up.

So, other than the Wilcox RAPTAR, there are currently no legit rail/weapon mountable LRF's

What about that Sector Optics (former Torrey Pines) F1 LRF? It came up last year but then I never heard anything else about it? Never seen em for sale but it's listed on their website. Seems like a good less expensive option to the Raptar but I've never seen or heard of one in the wild?

I didnt want to spend the money on the Raptar or multiple radius. My solution was one Radius for my long range night vision dedicated rifle, and a pulsar accolade 2 lrf thermal binocular for scanning/ranging for all other rifles.

Although the F1 isn't available yet, has anyone had hands on with the Sector T2? Basically seems like same LRF as the F1 but integrated into a 3-8x thermal scanner with a rail grabber on the bottom. Not ideal for rifle mounting as it weighs almost 1lbs and you'd have to come off the scope to use the thermal scanner/LRF but could be great mounted on top of a spotting scope, especially if you mounted a clip-on NV device in front of the spotter. Scan and range with the thermal, positive ID with the spotter and clip-on.

What about that Sector Optics (former Torrey Pines) F1 LRF? It came up last year but then I never heard anything else about it? Never seen em for sale but it's listed on their website. Seems like a good less expensive option to the Raptar but I've never seen or heard of one in the wild?
It’s a subsidiary or Torrey pines not formerly Torrey pines.

Reactions: dgheriani
I tried to google this, then I come here and not sure where to ask this question. I feel here is best but with these very specific filters, I felt Night Vision and Spotter was least appropriate but now, as I'm typing this, maybe Spotter would be more appropriate to ask?

Anyhow here's my question. I'm in the market for a Rail Mountable LRF. Why did Silencerco discontinue the SWR Radius. Were there issues? It just wasn't selling like they thought? Very curious. The only other option I'm seeing is the Wilcox Raptar. There are NO other options or am I missing something?
To answer your question, it’s the single biggest gap in the industry. If a RAPTAR competitor would hit the market it would be a game changer.

Reactions: gunn317
Yes. A raptor competitor with AB, hi power illumination with some plastic in front to dim it to civi standards. And TracIR compatibility

Reactions: knuckleballz