• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Railed Rifle Stock Question -

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Guys... and maybe some girls... I need your assistance on this one. And maybe in the end... I am just dreaming a tad.

My rifle (one of them) - Rem 700 S/A ACC 16"

I am looking for stock that is railed (XLR, AICS etc..) this barreled action can fit in that will allow me to run FLIP UP sights front and rear. I have seen that the FRONT flipu up on the modular stocks really is NOT an issue as rails can be added. I however have NOT see anything that would allow a rear flipup to be used.

YES... I will still be running a magnified optic on it... but the option of flipups there is what I like to have for the just in case aspect.

I am looking to expose as LITTLE of the barrel as possible...meaning that I would like the railed houseing over the barrel to extend as far out as possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA)

The AX, Ashbury or Cadex with a full length rail would be your best bet. You will have to run your primary optic pretty high to clear BUIS or offset them.
Any of the other chassis will work as well, you just have to verify that the front and rear bases are on the same plane or close

The AX, Ashbury or Cadex with a full length rail would be your best bet. You will have to run your primary optic pretty high to clear BUIS or offset them.
Any of the other chassis will work as well, you just have to verify that the front and rear bases are on the same plane or close

+1. Also consider the MDT Tac21 as a cheap option that may fit your needs. If you use any AR QD scope mount you should be able to mount most of the flip up sights on the market. What is your intended purpose? Depending on your purpose and your intended target distance with the iron sights you may want to look at the offset sights or the JP tactical JPSRTS sight.

The simplest answer might be to go with a Savage 10 FCM Scout, Ruger Scout rifle or a Mossberg MVP. The other choice is an AR. The cost of a chassis, sights and other parts needed, the cheapest route is one of these options. The biggest thing to consider is weight. Using a chassis and adding on all the goodies will equate to a heavy rifle in the end.

Last edited: