• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rain in Texas

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
Three months with no measurable rain and now 4 days in a row with a little bit of the wet stuff , hallelujah, had 9/10ths in the gage yesterday, and looks like it might get a little more today , not enough to break the drought but every little bit helps , managed to get a small food plot in before the rain wensday , so maybe the deer will visit my ambush site .

Got a 1/2 inch since I posted this and it's still raining. Bout Damm time.

Same here… got all excited when the clouds started forming, and actually gave a little woop! When a few rain drops started fallin’

Then nothing… Just a few sprinkles here and there.

Looked like a lot of it dumped off to the East towards Austin, so somebody got it, and the reservoirs should get topped off I guess

Should help with the wildfires in TX and LA hopefully. We could use a good dose in the Pacific Northwest too.

Same here… got all excited when the clouds started forming, and actually gave a little woop! When a few rain drops started fallin’

Then nothing… Just a few sprinkles here and there.

Looked like a lot of it dumped off to the East towards Austin, so somebody got it, and the reservoirs should get topped off I guess
Y'all should do a go fund me and have me visit. rain seems to follow me around. I was in Llano last week and it hadnt rained since Feb. Had a bout an inch that night. Got home to OK. and damn if we havent had a couple inches of good hard drizzle this week.

I work for guns and ammo as well.

Reactions: Ichi and DIBBS
Y'all will call me a liar for this but my word is my bond, this is truth.

Years ago, I came to Christ, and in reading the bible and what he said, I realized that we were given power over all things on this earth. One day I was building a slate patio for a guy and it started clouding up like it was going to rain, which would have made a mess. I said to my helper and the homeowner who was watching..." With the power granted to us by the Holy Spirit I say that it will rain to the left and right, the front and back, but not one drop will fall on this patio until I finish and get it covered. It started to pour all around the job but not one drop hit the patio until I got it covered. My helper and the owner looked at me like "Who the fuck is this guy?"

Since then I've lived in a couple ;places that had been suffering long term drought and shortly after I moved there the rains came. Sometimes too much. When I lived near Del Rio circa 1999 it damn near got washed away. Moved to Llano and around 2005?the next town over, Burnett, almost got washed away. Moved to Lawton last July and we've had regular rain, one of the wettest springs on record. You can verify those two. Now I dodnt have to ask, it just happens.

I think its crazy but its true.

I need to find a way to get paid for that

Reactions: Ichi and kcbird
I ended up with 2 and 7/10ths this morning. My 4 acre tank behind my house was 7 feet below the dock this morning when I left.
lake.jpg