• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rainier Arms Ultramatch questions

KCode

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2019
So I had a bit of a conversation with a Rainier Arms tech and was told these barrels are made in house. I asked again if they made these in house and he again said "yes". I asked why they made the 300 blackout barrel in such an odd length and he said because any shorter than 10" the accuracy isn't there and the Match barrel would be better (but they sell a 4" 9mm UM barrel?).

Who makes the Ultramatch barrels? Does Rainier Arms really make them in house or do they have them made by someone else?

So I had a bit of a conversation with a Rainier Arms tech and was told these barrels are made in house. I asked again if they made these in house and he again said "yes". I asked why they made the 300 blackout barrel in such an odd length and he said because any shorter than 10" the accuracy isn't there and the Match barrel would be better (but they sell a 4" 9mm UM barrel?).

Who makes the Ultramatch barrels? Does Rainier Arms really make them in house or do they have them made by someone else?

Lol I don't know how many more Rainier Ultramatch barrel threads we need but all this has been answered....unless this has changed, I have in writing from Mike directly who makes their MOD2 Barrels and what blanks are used.

Regardless, their 10" 300blk UM barrel is a hammer...idk why the who or what matters on that one...I've tested 3 of them now in 3 different years...tack drivers

Reactions: camocorvette
Craddock....Criterion blanks...this is the 3rd time I've posted that info this week.

Sorry, I didn't see anything else about them. I'll search because I certainly want to read more. I've honestly never heard of Craddock barrels but really, the UM barrels are Criterion blanks!? I knew Criterion were good but these UM barrels seem to reach God like status for some reason.

Why does a company like this make a 30cal barrel with a 5.56 feed ramp? I've read that one of the good things about V7 is that they use true 30cal feed ramps for their 300 blackout barrels.