• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ramshot Enforcer with CuRx bullets

drewh

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2012
Texas
I am gathering all of the things I need to load the Cutting Edge bullets. I have some Ramshot Enforcer on hand already and it seems to be in the correct burn rate area, has anyone tried it?

Ummmm…….
You’re in the rimfire forum.
But for a minute, it did sound like a really cool project!!

• Haha
Reactions: Geno C.
Other than @Geno C. not sure who else here has done much with the CuRx bullets, perhaps he may have some guidance.

Reactions: camocorvette
Just for giggles, what caliber are we talking about (if he says .22LR I’m gonna feel really dumb!😂)?

IRamshot Enforcer is generally in the right range, but I haven’t tried it. I got good results with Longshot with the 32gn, and HS-6 has been the best I have found for 50gn so far. I have also tried Unique, VVN3N7, VV350, AA9 and Lil Gun at various times. I kind of put my experimenting with CuRX bullets on hold and haven’t done anything with them for a while. Which weight are you working with?

I have 32 gr currently, depending on my success with those and what I learn, I am debating getting a barrel for the heavier bullets, we shoot out to 500 at our range.

I’ll be damned. I didn’t even know this was a thing.
I learned something today!!!
What/how are y’all priming rimfire cases?

I have 32 gr currently, depending on my success with those and what I learn, I am debating getting a barrel for the heavier bullets, we shoot out to 500 at our range.
I have what I consider a good load for the 32gn bullets in a standard barrel. I’ve played around with the 50gn bullets and have had o.k., results, but nothing good enough that I would consider it as being finished. This is in a 1:6 twist barrel using the reamer that Cutting Edge published, which has an unusual freebore. In retrospect, I think I should have gone with a regular match chamber with the throat extended just enough to allow the longer bullet to seat without undue force.

I have what I consider a good load for the 32gn bullets in a standard barrel. I’ve played around with the 50gn bullets and have had o.k., results, but nothing good enough that I would consider it as being finished. This is in a 1:6 twist barrel using the reamer that Cutting Edge published, which has an unusual freebore. In retrospect, I think I should have gone with a regular match chamber with the throat extended just enough to allow the longer bullet to seat without undue force.
6 or 16 twist?

Is the bullet intended to try and engrave like a lead projectile in a match chamber ? I asked Manson for the reamer prints, and not sure I like those, or the Bentz chamber, that they suggested some people had done well with. I was considering one of the Calfee match reamers, they are not set to cut the rim and could be run in deeper.

Is the bullet intended to try and engrave like a lead projectile in a match chamber ? I asked Manson for the reamer prints, and not sure I like those, or the Bentz chamber, that they suggested some people had done well with. I was considering one of the Calfee match reamers, they are not set to cut the rim and could be run in deeper.
I designed my bullet to work with a regular match chamber so a guy can shoot both lead and copper with the same barrel.

IRamshot Enforcer is generally in the right range, but I haven’t tried it. I got good results with Longshot with the 32gn, and HS-6 has been the best I have found for 50gn so far. I have also tried Unique, VVN3N7, VV350, AA9 and Lil Gun at various times. I kind of put my experimenting with CuRX bullets on hold and haven’t done anything with them for a while. Which weight are you working with?
Longshot is a good one for the 50s. I haven’t tested any of the lighter stuff, as I didn’t see anything to gain there.

Longshot is a good one for the 50s. I haven’t tested any of the lighter stuff, as I didn’t see anything to gain there.
Hi Geno, I was hoping you would join in. I have read your posts about about the 50 grain bullets. I did contact Badlands and they are not interested in running any of those right now, so I am going after what is available. The way your is set up, is it close to the lands, or does it jump? I agree with you about the 32gr. I found them steeply discounted at a store I was at, and that sent me down the rabbit hole. I am intending to use those to work on my methods, and then I will decide if I can load the 50's well enough to make a difference in my long range shooting.

I allowed a longer heel to the bullet to let a guy play with the jam/jump just like a normal centerfire bullet. I’ll have to call George and see what’s up with not wanting to run any. He’s dealing with some health issues

Thank you for all of the input. I have several ideas about how I can make consistent ammo, we shall see. I will post some results when I get there, it will likely be a few weeks before I get all of the items I need, and can start.

I use gloves and wiped it on as I was crimping. It seemed to work really well. So basically the bullets sticking out if the case.