• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Random Karma OR just shitty timing

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida

file.php
    no-fucking-way-amazing.gif

Pickup truck probably just had new tires put on at NTB, and none of the lug nuts were tightened.
    It wasnt at NTB but I had that happen to the passenger side dual wheels on a one ton...overloaded to the hilt with sand and cement....at abut 50 mph. It was quite a ride. While I'm at it, fuck NTB and their affiliate Merchants Tire and Auto.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    We witnessed something similar once. We were following our youngest Son that was driving His Mustang 2 when the spare tire and wheel came loose from under a tractor truck. Fortunately it made a flat bounce and was on or near the ground when He hit it. He went airborne for a car length or so and managed to maintain control. This was freeway speed, 70 mph or more. It broke both motor mounts and partly crushed one of the transmission cooling lines coming from the radiator. Talk about having your heart in your throat! I'm sure the driver never knew that he lost it.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Look closely at this one close to the end, and you can see the brake disk and hub still in the wheel, so this was not lugnuts . . . . More like goober so bastardized his ride that the exess offset caused an axle/bearing failure.

Reactions: 338dude
    if it happens more then you will know it's a sign from god telling you to get the hell out of ca , if not it's just a car or truck made in Mexico .

I was driving through Ft. Worth one night. The sky was overcast with low clouds. The lights from the city lit up the cloud base really well. Had these conditions not existed, I would not have seen this.

I was approaching an overpass with a small import car in front of me. From the opposite lane, beyond the overpass, came this flying tire.

The spinning tire still had gyroscopic stability although it was veering a little to my right. Spin drift?

Anyway, it's arching path downward landed it right on top of the hood of the small car in front of me. It hit the car really hard. The car continued to move to the shoulder of the freeway.

Meanwhile the ricocheting wheel flew over me after bouncing off the car in front of me and into a ditch behind me and to my right.

I pulled up behind the other vehicle to see if the occupants needed any help.

The couple in the car were not hurt but looked like they saw a ghost. They had no idea what hit them. The looks on their faces were even more puzzling when I told them that they were hit by a flying tire.

I gave them a ride home and my contact information if their insurance agent had any questions.

A few days later I got a call from the agent. He started the conversation with, "Let me get this straight. They were hit by a flying tire. Is that correct?"

Before that a friend of mine was driving through the state of New York. He's going his merry way down the interstate when he sees a tire roll by his driver's side window. He chuckled at the idiot that lost his tire for a split second until his left rear end dropped and started scraping concrete.