• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whoever mounted that tire is in for a lawsuit.

Rotor still attached to wheel.
Bearing failure.
Guaranteed it had been making noise for miles.
They don't just fail instantly.
Driver of truck at fault for being too stupid to drive.
That is what happens when you roll with wheel/tire combos too big for the bearings design parameters.
Yes loading is a factor.

That was a hub assembly failure.
I had a tire on my new F350 almost come off when the hub and bearings went out.
I was going about 40mph and *boom, I thought I had a blowout. I got out and looked and the left front tire was leaning like /. They pulled the hub, replaced and repacked the bearings and that was 400K miles ago.

I was in the inside lane on my Harley going 55-60 when some VW hippy bus ahead of me in the middle lane to my right left rear wheel came off the lugs and went airborn right in front of me, bounced once in the median and coming down again in the oncoming lane. Luckily it didn't hit anyone, namely me.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu and Maggot
I had a tire on my new F350 almost come off when the hub and bearings went out.
I was going about 40mph and *boom, I thought I had a blowout. I got out and looked and the left front tire was leaning like /. They pulled the hub, replaced and repacked the bearings and that was 400K miles ago.

I was in the inside lane on my Harley going 55-60 when some VW hippy bus ahead of me in the middle lane to my right left rear wheel came off the lugs and went airborn right in front of me, bounced once in the median and coming down again in the oncoming lane. Luckily it didn't hit anyone, namely me.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Utility, boat, and car trailers are probably the least maintained thing on the road. My brother ruined an axle about a year ago and got pissy when I told him he doesn't do any preventative maintenance. He thought greasing the bearing buddy was good enough, he never inspected the bearings in the 10 years he had the trailer. About a month later, his buddy lost a hub on his car trailer because of the same thing.

Then you have people get complacent doing anything wheel end related. Most class 8 truck and trailer shops won't spend the money on a battery powered torque gun because it's too expensive. Not many people torque the 10 lug nuts per wheel at 450-500 ft pounds. When it comes to safety of the employee and the liability on the road, $6-10k is a cheap investment.

Reactions: thejeep
Most of my driving the drivers in the slow lane (this includes me) are about five over. If that's the case here the car was 20+ over.

Ide think that could put some of the liability back on him.

Most of my driving the drivers in the slow lane (this includes me) are about five over. If that's the case here the car was 20+ over.

Ide think that could put some of the liability back on him.
In the world I live in that truck was 100% at fault all day long I don't care if the car that got hit was going 100 over.

I'll just say.... Lawyers
I had a lady hit my wife's parked car. The lawyer said that if it hadn't been there it would not have been hit. So they were not fully liable.
Unfortunately, you're not wrong.

Long story short about 20yrs ago I was behind a lady at a stop light, and I accidently let my foot off the brake I didn't realize it and rolled into her at idle speed put a tiny scuff mark on her back bumper. Fastforward 2.5 yrs later I get served with papers she is suing me for medical expenses it went to a jury trial, and she didn't get shit.....LOL

Don't forget the driver of the truck going after Ford for making something so unsafe.

Here in town Derrick Thomas went after, Ford Chevy does not matter after he rolled the car. They came back and said, you put these stupid wheels on the car, changed this and that to non factory parts, this is all on you idiot.

Does not stop them from trying however.