• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Bag / Tool Organization

absolute minimum tools and sockets for the particular rifles im bringing

im through carrying crap i dont need, and carry crap that someone else might need (unless im going with family that doesnt shoot that much, then ill bring the house)

if i just going to the range, and my scope spins or some weird shit ill shorten the day

going hunting ill bring a small cleaning kit

bought a LYNX defense bag:

more money than the ones you see on amazon but made of real material and zippers

if it doesnt fit in or on that pack, it doesnt come anymore

Last edited:
I have got to ask this: Why do you feel the need to carry all that stuff to the range? Me its the gun,ammo and forend rest and rear bag then a very few tools such as a a small wrench for the scope rings (to help others that might need this) and hearing protection.

We are not going to "war" just shooting at the range.
I also bring
Dope book
Cigars
Range finder
Kestrel
Spare batteries
Staple gun if I need to check 100 yard zero

I have got to ask this: Why do you feel the need to carry all that stuff to the range? Me its the gun,ammo and forend rest and rear bag then a very few tools such as a a small wrench for the scope rings (to help others that might need this) and hearing protection.

We are not going to "war" just shooting at the range.

Several reasons. One is I very rarely go to the range by myself or with just one or two guns. Usually when I go it’s me and my boys with two guns each. That means everyone needs bags, magazines and so on. It is an hour for me to drive to the range so if I forget something it can be a real waste of my time. Maybe I went for load development and didn’t grab the magazine for one of the 6 rifles or left my chronograph in another bag. I need to adjust my zero stop or tighten my scope rail but I left My tool kit out. I could go on and on but the whole point of my box is it’s pretty small all things considered and easy to throw in the truck.

sam, I looked and didn’t see the box I have at Home Depot any longer. The closest thing I could find was this.

I also bring
Dope book
Cigars
Range finder
Kestrel
Spare batteries
Staple gun if I need to check 100 yard zero

no more targets or staple gun for me... i have a couple feet of duct tape rolled up with sharpie dots every 2-3 inches

it sticks to everything, and i have several targets on one 10-12" strip

i dont plan on shooting 2" groups so the width is fine and ill hold one dot and dial +/- L/R and get 3-4 groups out of a chunk

when its time to leave i dont even need to clean the board if im at a range...only a strip or 2 of tape

I made an insert for an old duffel bag out of a cardboard box and 100 mph tape. It keeps my essential range gear reasonably organized and easy to find.

I made an insert for an old duffel bag out of a cardboard box and 100 mph tape. It keeps my essential range gear reasonably organized and easy to find.

along those lines i was always going to get a medical/camera backpack or those pelican hard/soft packs

they have the customization dividers/shelves inside.

im a little ocd, but always though it would be cool

i dont like dragging anything or having my hands not free if possible

I've looked at a few photography bags too. They seem to have better organization, but I don't really know where to start looking.

Photography bag..then click google images.

Only way that I find items that don’t know the actual name or version of. Lol