• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Finder: Bushy or Vortex

bh10

Minuteman
Mar 8, 2013
Georgia & NC
Looking at a middle of the road range finder, looking at the Vortex Ranger 1000 or the Bushnell G Force 1300 , supposedly the Bushy can go an extra 200 yards and I can get it for $60 cheaper. Any opinions?

Got my Vortex this summer. So far it's been great. The only thing I have to get used too is pressing the button 3 times to get it to range. First press turns it on. Second press displays the reticle. 3rd press finally displays the range. Prior to this I was using a 15 yr old Bushnell.
Give Liberty Optics a try for pricing.

Bushnell is well known for being very accurate with it's lasers. Bushnell is probably the best entry level long range lasers you'll find.

I bought the Vortex 1000 when Sportsmans Warehouse had a deal on them awhile back. I returned it a couple weeks later because it simply wouldnt give me consistent readings on steel out past 500. I don't know if I got a bad unit, I was screwing up or what. Even tried putting it on a Gitzo tripod and still no joy. End of the day it wouldn't do what I bought it for so it went back.

Just picked up a Bushnell 1600 and first time out it was giving accurate ranges out to 920 yards which is all I expect out of it. I was running it on a little cheap light weight tripod with a Manfrotto pistol grip head and it was working great. Only knock on it is that the display is a little light when used in bright sunlight. I have been researching LRF's on and off for a long time and seems to come down to the Bushy or Leica for basic use then it jumps straight to the Terrapin for two dimes to get the next big improvement in function. So far I'm liking the Bushnell but its still early. Hopefully it works out.

15089041710_b262997a02_z.jpg

Last edited: