• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Finding binos with AB elite

Fast15x

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2022
NW Arkansas
I am looking at getting new binos with a rangefinder. Mainly for hunting will use some with PRS, and NRL hunter style shooting. Am currently looking at Fury 5000 AB, Sig 10K, and Geovid Pro. These will all range plenty far. The glass comparison isn’t as relative as they are all very usable. I am mainly looking for experience with the target acquisition ease and speed. I’m sure they will all get the job done but is there one that is better at this particular job?

Speed will be the 10k hands down. Gives you instant holds for both wind and elevation in the same screen as all the other info.
Target ID probably the Leica because it's the best glass.

I probably stated that wrong not id, but the ability to get the laser on the correct target. Some will be handheld but mainly for distance will be off of a tripod.

I probably stated that wrong not id, but the ability to get the laser on the correct target. Some will be handheld but mainly for distance will be off of a tripod.
Then the 10k wins again. The ability to zero the laser to the reticle is unmatched. So you can get it exactly where you want in a few different reticle choices.

Reactions: Long Range 338
I've had all three of those and use them in NRL Hunter and PRS-style matches.

The 10K has the best laser and display. It shows everything you need on one screen pretty darned instantly. You can also change the reticle via the software to adjust where the laser hits. The 10K has the worst glass. It can be difficult to find shaded targets on overcast days. The blue tint is great in bright light, though.

The Geovid Pro has the best glass and the laser is precise. You have to wait for the dope, though. It feels like an eternity but it's still faster than using a hard dope card.

I haven't used the Fury's in a while but the glass was decent. I thought I'd use the wind feature and the Fury's have the quickest way to input wind. In reality, you just don't have enough time in a Hunter match to use it. I don't use the feature on any bino and just use gun number to get my wind call.

I tested the Geovid Pro, 10K's and Steiner 8x30 1535nm laser binos for a couple days at the house. I ranged close and far targets but spent most of the time seeing which would get on the target fastest as well as range through obstacle like field fences and corner fence bracing. The Steiner was best at getting the target the first time without having to dance around it to be sure you weren't hitting something in front or back. The 10K was nearly as good since you can adjust the reticle with the software. The Geovid Pro was just about the same once you figured out aiming point.

If you want good glass and a good laser and can "deal with" the display delay for dope get the Geovid. If you want mediocre glass, a great laser and all your dope on one screen quickly get the 10K.

Reactions: Jumper and Fast15x
The SIG 10k is interesting as the laser and solver performance is great and you can adjust the reticle to the laser, but is sig's warranty on electronics still limited to 5 years?

A few years back a buddy had the display in his SIG rangefinder take a dump, and when he called SIG they told him sorry it's out of warranty and since we don't make that model anymore we can't fix it...but we can sell you a new one at a discount. The price they offered was more than he could buy the same one for from a few hide vendors.

A rude awakening compared to say dealing with vortex, and it turned me off of buying anything electro optical from sig if I planned on keeping it longer than the warranty period... but maybe vortex has given us all unrealistic warranty expectations, lol

Fwiw I have a set of vortex fury 5000 AB and really like them, other than the app doesn't let me put in as many profiles as I want (vortex said they were going to remove the limitation of the number of profiles in the app but haven't done that yet, and probably never will now that they purchased geoballistics) and the solution does take a bit longer than expected. Other than that, the glass is better than I expected and the laser works well.

If they make a razor level rangefinder with nicer glass I'd be very interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo96 and parshal
Leica for me. All are compromises. Sig looks like a toilet bowl but an excellent laser. I'm waiting on a Vortex unit to come in this week.

The Revic shouldn't be overlooked either--no AB Elite, but matched my Kestrel with it beyond 1K. If the Fury AB was an instant solution, woulda stayed with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: alfmoonspace
Have you looked at the NewconOptik LRB12k? Really top notch.

The Revic shouldn't be overlooked either--no AB Elite, but matched my Kestrel with it beyond 1K. If the Fury AB was an instant solution, woulda stayed with them.
I like Revic. It's a solid unit from what I have seen. What didn't you like about the Fury's?

That long? Hmm, dang it Sig get your shiz together and make some clear binos!

You mind to send me yours to try out? For 19k I wanna test drive first lol.
Lol. I just like how these threads always dredge up a bunch of recommendations for equipment that doesn’t even need the basic requirements of the original ask….like having onboard AB. Needless to say, I’ve used the fury 5000 AB a ton and it’s a little slower than the sig…but I don’t think it’s enough to matter. I also don’t think the sig glass color is as bad as basement dwellers like to say it is. On the other hand, my 4 year old furys fogged up last time they got rained on and vortex just sent me a brand new pair…so there’s the warranty thing.

I completely agree with all Parshal’s comments above as also had all plus the Swarovski RF/TA as well. Now have the Revic‘s and while they are all around the best on average IMO they are overpriced for the glass you get. If you have used the Vortex 5000 AB then just think of the Revic as the same but with a slightly faster ranging and your data is almost instant as well Instead of that 3-4 second delay that seems like a minute.
oh and I bought two pair of the Sig 10K’s because I thought surely I couldn’t get another pair with that much of a blue tint….. us basement dwellers are slow learners.

us basement dwellers are slow learners.
You know how it is: some guy heard they are blue tinted, pretty soon he’s telling people he saw some that were real hard to use, before long, he’s spraying all over the forum about the unusable color of sig optics. All I’m saying is:
IMG_0173.jpeg

Reactions: RayDBonz
True, but then you have the opposite swing of opinions, shills if you will. Saying, there is hardly a tint when they are getting paid for reviews.

Used a pair of 10k's and I didn't like them because of their strong tint. Doesn't mean someone else would think the same.

If y'all wore the best shooting glasses available, the blue tint on the SIG 10k wouldn't be an issue.

1694185388439.png

Your match scores would also improve because you look so awesome wearing them.

(Order in the next 10 minutes and we'll throw in a second set for free, just pay shipping and handling!)

I had the chance to look thru the 3200.com Leica closet thing they had to the geovid pro. Compared it to the sig 6k and 10k. The 10 did have a blue tint but nothing you can’t use just fine. My problem with the blue tint was it was noticeably darker than the 6k and 3200. Makes me nervous about lower light conditions. Probably going to go with the geovid pro, pay for the glass and the rangefinder will be plenty sufficient. I had pretty much decided on the 10k for the rangefinder side of thing and just the amount of info available right on the screen. The darkness drives me the other way.

Let me give you my most recent experience with the Sig kilo 10K LRF binos.

I got them primarily due to the fact that they can pick up small targets, the quality and beam divergence of the laser, and the ability to align the laser to the reticle.

The ability to align the laser to the reticle only is about .5 mil of adjustment in both horizontal and vertical.

The IQ of the Sig 10 K is about on par with my Sig kilo 2400 ABS. When put side-by-side, they’re very close with the 10K having a slightly more noticeable blue color.

Where my problem started with the 10K was the fact that the laser is impacting about 1.5 mils left of the left edge of the reticle with the square reticle used. With the grid applied or added to the reticle, the closest I could get it was approximately one mill to the left edge of the square well, this is usable. I don’t consider it to be acceptable to not be able to get to at least one edge, or the other, or close of the center of the reticle.

Vertically I could get it to zero very close to the horizontal line with the mil added dashes. I could actually get it to be just below the horizontal stadia, but exactly at the line or above it, required more adjustment than was available inside the unit.

I contacted Sig customer service and they issued me an RMA. The unit was returned to Sig and very quickly turned back around to me with a brand new replacement unit inside of 2 weeks.

Once I received the second unit, it was even worse than the first. The laser impact was approximately two mils to the left edge of the square reticle and vertically I could not adjust it to get anywhere near the center of the reticle. I did contact Sig customer service and they sent me another RMA, and as of right now, Sig has had them for a little less than one week.

I did put a letter in with the second unit asking them to double check them before shipping anything back. I did also ask them if they could just send me a set of units that I could get close to one edge and preferable to one of the corners of the square reticle as that is what I prefer to use to use as my aiming point on the reticle.

It should also be noted that the digital display inside the second unit was rotated, approximately 10° counterclockwise off in the view when using. The first unit appeared to be fine. I can.

The way that I checked the laser impact and reticle alignment was to use my GEN3 nvg. The laser is a 905 nm laser and is easy to view under NV. It was pretty simple to place my GEN3 monocular directly behind the right eyepiece. Fire the laser and see where the laser was impacting in relation to the reticle.

Sig customer service did tell me that they consider them to be with in spec as long as the laser does impact somewhere in the reticle. So far Sig customer service has been excellent and shown a commitment to resolve the issue. So I’m pretty confident that they will take care of it.

I can honestly say that I have handled or used probably at least a two dozen 2400ABS laser rangefinders and not had a single one that had an issue that required a return to sig.

I have checked my original terrapin rangefinder and the laser in packs to the left of center in the reticle, but I believe is reticle is a glass etched reticle, not a digital reticle like which is in the 10k.

If Sig cannot align the laser to the reticle properly, I think my solution is going to be a terrapin X connected to my kestrel, 5700 or 5700X to get me my ballistic data.

Let me add a little more info. Once I did know where the laser was impacting it is easy to pick up small targets. The ballistics engine is very fast. When comparing the 10K to the 2400ABS, kestrel 5700/5700X, and AB tactical the ballistics numbers are all very close which is to be expected as they are all in the AB ecosystem.

Hope this helps guys and sorry for being long winded.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
Let me give you my most recent experience with the Sig kilo 10K LRF binos.

I got them primarily due to the fact that they can pick up small targets, the quality and beam divergence of the laser, and the ability to align the laser to the reticle.

The ability to align the laser to the reticle only is about .5 mil of adjustment in both horizontal and vertical.

The IQ of the Sig 10 K is about on par with my Sig kilo 2400 ABS. When put side-by-side, they’re very close with the 10K having a slightly more noticeable blue color.

Where my problem started with the 10K was the fact that the laser is impacting about 1.5 mils left of the left edge of the reticle with the square reticle used. With the grid applied or added to the reticle, the closest I could get it was approximately one mill to the left edge of the square well, this is usable. I don’t consider it to be acceptable to not be able to get to at least one edge, or the other, or close of the center of the reticle.

Vertically I could get it to zero very close to the horizontal line with the mil added dashes. I could actually get it to be just below the horizontal stadia, but exactly at the line or above it, required more adjustment than was available inside the unit.

I contacted Sig customer service and they issued me an RMA. The unit was returned to Sig and very quickly turned back around to me with a brand new replacement unit inside of 2 weeks.

Once I received the second unit, it was even worse than the first. The laser impact was approximately two mils to the left edge of the square reticle and vertically I could not adjust it to get anywhere near the center of the reticle. I did contact Sig customer service and they sent me another RMA, and as of right now, Sig has had them for a little less than one week.

I did put a letter in with the second unit asking them to double check them before shipping anything back. I did also ask them if they could just send me a set of units that I could get close to one edge and preferable to one of the corners of the square reticle as that is what I prefer to use to use as my aiming point on the reticle.

It should also be noted that the digital display inside the second unit was rotated, approximately 10° counterclockwise off in the view when using. The first unit appeared to be fine. I can.

The way that I checked the laser impact and reticle alignment was to use my GEN3 nvg. The laser is a 905 nm laser and is easy to view under NV. It was pretty simple to place my GEN3 monocular directly behind the right eyepiece. Fire the laser and see where the laser was impacting in relation to the reticle.

Sig customer service did tell me that they consider them to be with in spec as long as the laser does impact somewhere in the reticle. So far Sig customer service has been excellent and shown a commitment to resolve the issue. So I’m pretty confident that they will take care of it.

I can honestly say that I have handled or used probably at least a two dozen 2400ABS laser rangefinders and not had a single one that had an issue that required a return to sig.

I have checked my original terrapin rangefinder and the laser in packs to the left of center in the reticle, but I believe is reticle is a glass etched reticle, not a digital reticle like which is in the 10k.

If Sig cannot align the laser to the reticle properly, I think my solution is going to be a terrapin X connected to my kestrel, 5700 or 5700X to get me my ballistic data.

Let me add a little more info. Once I did know where the laser was impacting it is easy to pick up small targets. The ballistics engine is very fast. When comparing the 10K to the 2400ABS, kestrel 5700/5700X, and AB tactical the ballistics numbers are all very close which is to be expected as they are all in the AB ecosystem.

Hope this helps guys and sorry for being long winded.
Thanks for the detailed first hand experience. That was also one of the pros to the sig was the ability to adjust the reticle but might need to allow more adjustment.

Lol. I just like how these threads always dredge up a bunch of recommendations for equipment that doesn’t even need the basic requirements of the original ask….like having onboard AB. Needless to say, I’ve used the fury 5000 AB a ton and it’s a little slower than the sig…but I don’t think it’s enough to matter. I also don’t think the sig glass color is as bad as basement dwellers like to say it is. On the other hand, my 4 year old furys fogged up last time they got rained on and vortex just sent me a brand new pair…so there’s the warranty thing.
At least the Vortex is the last Rangefinder you need to buy with their no questions asked VIP lifetime warranty while other brands with limited electronics warranties are disposable throw aways such as SIG (5 year warranty from date of manufacture NOT DATE OF ACTUAL PURCHASE and by serial number and they don't plan on offering any out of warranty repairs either) and Leupold has only two years and only one year for Bushnell's electronics such as their rangefinders, illuminated reticle in their scopes and red dots, trail cams, night vision, thermals etc.

When the current Vortex gets obsolete and discontinued you get their latest and greatest free upgrade model when your current model fails and all electronics will fail regardless of brand.

If you want good glass and a good laser and can "deal with" the display delay for dope get the Geovid. If you want mediocre glass, a great laser and all your dope on one screen quickly get the 10K.
Right now I'm pretty close to getting the Geovid Pro 10x42. How long is the delay? I've read other criticisms about the Leica's delay but none of them cite quantitative measurements and simply say, "It's slow" or "It takes forever" which in my mind makes me think it takes 3-5 seconds just to return a result.

Note that I have the 6K (8x32) which I only acquired because of a significant discount. If it weren't for the optical clarity, I'd just run these because the LRF functionality is quite good.

I talk to one of the Leica tech people, it gives you the range, 2 seconds later it show’s elevation correction, two seconds later shows windage correction. Then shows it again for a total of 12 seconds.

Reactions: parshal
I have been really enjoying my sig 10k’s. Worked really good for the 2 steel safari field matches I shot.

My laser was just barely off center and was easy to get centered up with the internal adjustments.

I have used a friends swaros and vortex range finder and the sig blows both of them away for ballistic calculations and display speed and info provided on the screen. Also the kilos are much better and easier to accurately range small targets.

I personally really like the wind feature. For the steel safari I pre entered my wind estimate before shooting a stage then after shooting the stage I update it to match the actual results and the next stage I use that data. It worked fantastic. Also works really good for prarie dog shoots.

To address the blue tint. It REALLY bugged me at first but now I honestly don’t notice it unless I go back and forth between clear glass. The blue tint is nice during super sunny days, kinda like sun glasses and helps with eye fatigue for me. And last note, I think the glass quality is pretty good. It’s certainly not elite glass but comparing it to my Nikon HG’s which seem to be pretty well reviewed the resolution is pretty close. The image is not as bright and nice as the HG’s but resolving details is pretty close in my opinion.

I have been really enjoying my sig 10k’s. Worked really good for the 2 steel safari field matches I shot.

My laser was just barely off center and was easy to get centered up with the internal adjustments.

I have used a friends swaros and vortex range finder and the sig blows both of them away for ballistic calculations and display speed and info provided on the screen. Also the kilos are much better and easier to accurately range small targets.

I personally really like the wind feature. For the steel safari I pre entered my wind estimate before shooting a stage then after shooting the stage I update it to match the actual results and the next stage I use that data. It worked fantastic. Also works really good for prarie dog shoots.

To address the blue tint. It REALLY bugged me at first but now I honestly don’t notice it unless I go back and forth between clear glass. The blue tint is nice during super sunny days, kinda like sun glasses and helps with eye fatigue for me. And last note, I think the glass quality is pretty good. It’s certainly not elite glass but comparing it to my Nikon HG’s which seem to be pretty well reviewed the resolution is pretty close. The image is not as bright and nice as the HG’s but resolving details is pretty close in my opinion.
I am of the same opinion on glass and ballistic solver. Im just afraid of the blue tint and overall darkness of the glass at low light for hunting. If they were strictly used for a match I would get the sig no doubt.