• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report On My First Build...

RanchhandTCR

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
Williams, AZ
Good Evening Everyone..

I just wanted to gloat about my first rifle I have had built. Today was the first day of load development, I had shot 40 rounds of Remington Corelocks to sight it in a play with it some, but today I had used 140g SMKs, and IMR 4350 with Remington brass, and CCI LR primers #200 The Rifle has a Loather Walther Barrel, and was fitted by my local smith. Has a Choate Tactical Rifle Stock, Timney 510 Trigger with EGW 20 MOA Base, Burris 30mm Rings and a Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44.

This Load was 40.5g of IMR 4350, seated at 2.755" which is about .002 of the lands. But I loaded anything from 39.5 to 43. And shot sub moa until 42.5 g

HERE IS THE RIFLE..

Shes gonna be seeing 500-800-1000 yards next weekend..

Jesse its .592, I have to correct ya, the smaller the better lol!!!

I wanted to but limited to bullets, but will continue at longer distances.

3 shots is fine. I don't know which one of the Snipers Hide gods made the 5 shot "or it doesn't count" rule... But if it will shoot 3 like that it will most certainly shoot 5. Congrats on your new rifle. She's a beaut.

Very nice - gun and group! I have trouble keeping myself together for 5 shots, so I figure 3 shots is a good compromise.

Where do you go to shoot longer distances?

On my family ranch, we have 1950 acres. I need to buy more steel targets, been using broken plow discs, but we did not break any this year and they can only take so much. :) But as for five shots, this group was cold bore I kinda fiqured if it held to together id be happy. I know the action was capable of keeping shots together with the 22-250 cartridge, and I shot 5 shot groups with crappy 260 remington ammo and its has stayed consistent. Ill get to it once I have a couple hundred berger or SMKS on the shelf.. I just found the powder a couple weeks ago lol!