• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Range test with new TBAC 30P-1

Re: Range test with new TBAC 30P-1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DT, since you are borrowing a can, what is the owner's experience with his can? Does the +2 MOA shift follow the can from rifle to rifle, or is it just with your rifle? </div></div>

He bought 2, one for himself and one for his wife, but he said shift very consistant and negligable on both. He has AI's. His paperwork also went through in 2.5 months...Lucky.

I not worried bout it, just curious of others. I bought one because of the rep on this site and am excited to mount it up. Thanks for the responses.

Regards,
DT

I took the .260 back out Saturday and just as expected screwed the 30P-1 on and had zero POI change zero was spot on. Got my load chronoed @ 2850 and now will stretch it's legs to confirm dope and check for vertical issues.
Sully

Sent off paperwork on mine today.

I seriously cant believe how light the thing is.

4 MORE MONTHS!!!

well i hope that this TBAC 30p-1 is a good can cuz i am waiting for my form to be approved.

I will be doing a demo on one in the a.m.
smile.gif

30P-1 is good to go. I've got a few rounds through one :) Accurate and repeatable

I shot a nice little group with it on my .300 WM!

seriously people, pics or it didnt happen
smile.gif

have to have something to eye-F until mine clears. Went pending the 12th of July.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tried out a 30P1 last week...Had a full 2MOA shift up.

I dont mind shift as long as repeatable, but was surprised to have such a shift. FWIW I was shooting a GAP Rock 308 with 175smks going 2700.

Regards,
_DT </div></div>

Not to bring up an old thread, but wanted to give an update. I recently received my 30P1 and threw it on my 308. My new 30P1 has the EXACT same shift as my buddies, 2 MOA straight up.

This tells me a couple things, but most importantly, that the machining is very consistant from suppressor to suppressor to get the same shift, and such an odd shift at that, from two completely different suppressors. On one hand it sucks the shift is so dramatic, but I never plan on shooting without it anyway. This is why I bought the TBAC, for the precision it allows.

Regards,
DT

Was that two different cans tested on the same rifle?

If yes, it's almost certainly something about the threads/muzzle, barrel, and/or load harmonics that's causing it to fling upwards.

Typical shift for a 30P-1 is down 0 - .75 moa. An upwards shift is very, very rare.

Yes, same rifle. My thoughts were also it had to be the threading (obviously, same on 2 cans). No way to fix this though as the barrel is fluted and cant be cut down any further. Being done by GAP, I have no doubt the threads are ok.

Sucks, but no complaints as it will be shot with suppressor only.
Redialed/zero'd my knobs, and am ready to go. The repeatibility/precision is what I want, and my rifle/suppressor combo supplies that with flying colors.

DT

I may take you up on that. I am enjoying shooting it too much right now, and my weekends are busy, but I am only 30 or so minutes from Ft. Collins. Is this something I can mail you, or would you need my rifle as well (mandating a meet)?

I appreciate it, as I would really like my POI shift to be minimal as possible, in case I am ever not able to mount my suppressor in time, for whatever reason.

Thanks,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, if you want we can take a look at it. There are some adjustments that can be made without rethreading. </div></div>

Care to share. Just seems interesting.

It's probably nothing and just how the barrel harmonics worked out- we have seen an OBR with an upward shift. Give Ray a call if you'd like us to look at the rifle and we can arrange it.

I do have a suggestion-- try a hot 155gr load and test the suppressed vs. unsuppressed POI. If it is a barrel harmonics thing, then changing the barrel time will likely affect the shift.

My 30P-1 went pending July 28. Papers should be here any day now I hope.

My tbac 30P-1 shifted POI about .2MOA down so I just changed the zero to reflect the change. Know it shoots right where it should at 100. Bullets either touching or going through the same hole at 100 if I keep my concentration and mind straight and trigger squeeze consistent.

My can actually made my rifle more accurate than without the can....lwrc 20in .308. I don't shoot without the can on the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 30P-1 went pending July 28. Papers should be here any day now I hope.</div></div> that is the same exact day my Thunderbeast went pending and I am still waiting...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: css</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 30P-1 went pending July 28. Papers should be here any day now I hope.</div></div> that is the same exact day my Thunderbeast went pending and I am still waiting...</div></div>

JSTARZ, did your can ever arrive?