• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range this

mikeyz250

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2009
earth (the hot part2) Bells, TX
7D9066B7-239D-49F3-A47F-611D1C3C1063-45018-00000512CBA79012.jpg

Re: Range this

444.5 yards. Called the dog's mouth to be 8 inches/ half a mil long. Shot in the dark probably way off

(I'm assuming FFP- or SFP at calibrated magnification)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">278 also assuming all variables are correct </div></div>
+1
about 277.7 yards, I would hold/dial for 275, and hold for a high shoulder shot, the difference in the measurement would allow for enough drop to still set the bullet into a kill zone.

Assuming a 10inch distance from top of back to bottom of stomach(and the reticle is set at the correct mil setting {and this is a mil reticle]).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nicko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">278 also assuming all variables are correct </div></div>
I am also going with this

Hold 1 1/2 cockshuns high and depending on the wind,?R or L a half a bogatrod.
Did you hit it?
Good shot.. I knew I could talk you through this.
Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn LRF keeps reading error... maybe I need to back away from the computer screen. </div></div>

^^ I LOL'd

What do y'all use as an average for chest measurements? I had been told to use 12 inches from belly to back but that would be way off in this case. It looks like this would make him close to 15 inches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn LRF keeps reading error... maybe I need to back away from the computer screen. </div></div>

THAT is funny shit!! ^^^^

I laz'd him at 408. I didn't shoot him. Had Mike's daughter in the blind with me waiting to get her a deer.