• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rangefinder Bino Recommendation

bos4

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2019
Going back and forth between Swaro and Vortex for bino w/ rangefinder. I shoot swaro scopes and love their glass just wanted to see if vortex was worth a shot or stick w/ swaro? Also open to other suggestions. Thanks for your input.

No personal experience with it, but I’ve got several friends that are really happy with the sig kilo 3000 binos. One of them used his to RO at the GAP grind this year. Glass quality is subjective but he was really happy with the clarity spotting impacts. Rangefinder seems to be solid as well from what I hear. I’d check those out

I bought the Sig Kilo 3000. The first time I used it was in at a precision rifle class. The instructor borrowed it and used it for the entire course. He was very satisfied with the performance as he had no trouble spotting impacts out to 600 yards in the rain. We were limited to 600 yards at this particular range. It performed very well as they used them for a lot of the spotting and for all of the ranging on the unknown distance targets. We were all impressed with the performance.

Reactions: JC0352
So take a look at the SIG Kilo 3000 BDX as stated above. We had good luck linking the Garmin 701, and or Kestrel with the binos. It was a game changer during some field matches, where I could quickly make a hasty range card or immediately find, range, and get dope all with one system. I bought an arca base plate, and mounted it to my RRS tripod so I could spot, and it was pretty slick. I know that Vortex , and Leupold will be coming out with their models soon, but the SIG is no slouch.

Reactions: bos4
I am curious abt this as well. I run Swaro SLC binos and a Leica 2400 rangefinder and I was debating on getting either an EL ranging Bino, SIG Kilo or the Vortex Fury 5000. I feel like there will be some solid Black Friday deals on the latter of the two. I love my SLCs but for whatI want this for, I’m thinking the EL may be slight overkill.

I am curious abt this as well. I run Swaro SLC binos and a Leica 2400 rangefinder and I was debating on getting either an EL ranging Bino, SIG Kilo or the Vortex Fury 5000. I feel like there will be some solid Black Friday deals on the latter of the two. I love my SLCs but for whatI want this for, I’m thinking the EL may be slight overkill.
Just FYI. Spent some time at the Swaro trailer at PRE. I learned that the EL range are not EL glass. Was told they are actually SLC glass. Interesting...

Reactions: bos4
For the money, the Vortex or Sig work extremely well. If you're thinking about going up to something like the EL Ranges, I think you'd be much happier with the Zeiss Victory RF's or the Leica range finding binos honestly.

The Leicas have excellent glass and the LRF is no slouch.

Honestly I'm hanging into my 2200s till they release a 3000 with BT or a 3400 or something that has BT.

Soon as I can get compass, angle, and range sent to my Kestrel with a button press I'm on it.

This is my first hunting season with the Leica 2200 HD-B, and so far I’ve been happy. I’d like to try the Sig’s just to see though. I looked through the Vortex Fury, and something about their coatings were a real turn off for me.

Any knowledge on the forum about a new Rangefinder bino from Lecia. They are discounting the heck out of the HDb 3000. Instant $500 off before the negotiations on price. Wow!

Any knowledge on the forum about a new Rangefinder bino from Lecia. They are discounting the heck out of the HDb 3000. Instant $500 off before the negotiations on price. Wow!
My understanding has been that the 3000 HD-B, 2700 HD-R, and older 2200 HD-B all have the same glass. The main difference is the rangefinder and electronics. Hopefully someone will correct me if I've misunderstood. I've been liking my 2200's, but I do wish they would connect with my Kestrel. I heard LiNK capabilities were on the horizon with future HD-B's....maybe at SHOT??

I have had the bushnell fusions since 2010, and they've been fine. Back then, they were around $600. On a recent trip, I borrowed @dbrister 's bdx3000 because they linked to my kestrel and made thing quicker for me. The glass in them is leaps better than the bushnell and the linking to the kestrel was easy. Ranging wise is also much better as I hit either a herd of elk, trees, or something at 4452yds.

Reactions: KingNothing88
I’ve been using Fury 5000 HD’s for about 6 months. My only gripe is that the diopter adjustments don’t lock. Other than that, they work well, especially at the price point. If money was no object, I’d have snagged the Swaro’s.