• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinder laser and reticle do not match Repair?

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
I have a Bushnell Legend 1200 ARC that I got in 2010 or so. Used it in the woods in upstate NY bow hunting and it worked great.
Now that I am in Texas and stretching out my distances I have noticed that around 400 yards or so the laser is aiming high. When I have the reticle on a 4 foot x 4 foot cardboard target backer @400 yards I am reading about 750, which is the tree line behind my target. I aim into the dirt in front of the target backer and read 400.
Is there a way to calibrate/align/aim/sync the reticle and laser?
The rangefinder works fine still, just aims wrong. I'd rather fix it than spend money.

Common problem with just about all LRFs. Some factories spend more time than others trying to get it close. As far as I know, the parts aren't adjustable, and personally I don't want to yank mine apart to find out. I think that they're literally glued in.

I have a Bushnell Legend 1200 ARC that I got in 2010 or so. Used it in the woods in upstate NY bow hunting and it worked great.
Now that I am in Texas and stretching out my distances I have noticed that around 400 yards or so the laser is aiming high. When I have the reticle on a 4 foot x 4 foot cardboard target backer @400 yards I am reading about 750, which is the tree line behind my target. I aim into the dirt in front of the target backer and read 400.
Is there a way to calibrate/align/aim/sync the reticle and laser?
The rangefinder works fine still, just aims wrong. I'd rather fix it than spend money.
IDK... If it were me, I would contact Bushnell' Customer Service on Monday regardless of its age it's not working as designed. If they're worth their salt as a company, they'll send you a postage-paid Return Authorization(RMA) to their tech/repair Department to inspect it, and see if its set correctly at factory setting or out of spec. I suspect it's out of spec and thats how you got it those many years ago. As it may have been that way since it left the factory. Which is not your fault. How would you know..I wouldn't know either.

*They(Bushnell) should service or repair their product or at least offer you a replacement if they can't correct the issue or at a reasonable cost to you pro-rated for a new model. I understand you don't want to spend the money again, neither would I want to. But it may be the only option you have...Again IDK.

I did contact them though there website a few months ago. Never heard back from them.
maybe I'll do some experimenting and draw a dot on the outside lens?

I did contact them though there website a few months ago. Never heard back from them.
maybe I'll do some experimenting and draw a dot on the outside lens?
Make a Phone call and speak with an actual person. I personally wouldn't make any marks on any lens. Send it in with a detailed letter of what you're experiencing/what the issue is.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinman52
If they won’t fix it. You could use a line of telephone poles that extent off into the horizon to fine-tune where the laser point is in relation to the reticle.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii