• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rangefinder recommendation needed

Jimmy76

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
Europe
Hello everyone.

Shortly:

What is your recommendation about good & reasonable priced Rangefinder up to 1200-1600 metres? It must be accurate (needs pretty small object) durable & handy, easy to carry.

Thx for replies.

Re: Rangefinder recommendation needed

I think its pretty hard to go past the Swaro LG. Accurate, small, user frendly and great optics. Price is fairly reasonable too for the quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprocket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think its pretty hard to go past the Swaro LG. Accurate, small, user frendly and great optics. Price is fairly reasonable too for the quality. </div></div>

+1 I love mine. You can sometimes even find them in the $700-800 range in the classifieds here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scootball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have been very happy with my leica </div></div>

Yes, Leica is fine one, But Geovid is quite expensive...
frown.gif

I´ll check out Bushnell, Leupold & Swaro... What about Zeiss?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">leica1600 is gtg </div></div>

+1

Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30

To get good at 1600 meters, something that you get to 1800 meters.

Sorry 4 my english

Just bought the Bushnell Fusion 1600 Arc bino's and so far extremely impressed. Ranged out beyond 1800 yards so far.

swaro laserguide followed by leica.

i havent used either, but if you do some research, you will find these highly rated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought the Bushnell Fusion 1600 Arc bino's and so far extremely impressed. Ranged out beyond 1800 yards so far. </div></div>
If you can afford a Vector - it's next to impossible to beat. For those of us unable to meet its price - Bushnell Fusion 1600 ARC does the job.

The Swaro #1 and a close #2 new leica 1600

they both have plus's and minus's for sure

I have been using the zeiss for a few years now. I've been quite happy with it. It's a little bigger than the Leica and under field conditions it usually limits out around 1475 yards on bushes, trees, ect... It may do better on buildings and other hard flat objects but I don't have any of those around to try it out on.

Either the Swarovski, or the Bushnell Fusion. Anything else in that price range is a step down in performance with what it will range in real world conditions. I had the leica's and they won't hang. The Vectronix are a huge step up in performance but the cost goes over 3 times what the others are.

the swaro will range farther however its laser is not as "tight"

in good conditions I can get 1999 yds easily (swaro).... big objects

also the circle is a lot bigger (swaro) and I have ranged stuff a bit further or shorter than it actually was ... we are talking 1200 yds and up

we were shooting last week on an IPSC style target at 1400 yds and I was getting ranges in front and behind it...leica wouldn't bounce off it....
however the leica was getting good bounces at a 1000 on a similar target a lot more repeatable than the swaro

the swaro has way better field of view and the 8x lens is
awsome
almost use it as a monocular

still like my swaro as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">leica1600 is gtg </div></div>

+1

Just recently got a new Leica 1200 scan. I have been playing around with it a lot lately and I have been getting 12-1300. Very happy with it. $600 new

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy76</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scootball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have been very happy with my leica </div></div>

Yes, Leica is fine one, But Geovid is quite expensive...
frown.gif

I´ll check out Bushnell, Leupold & Swaro... What about Zeiss? </div></div>

Jimmy76,

By the time you buy a range finder and binos you have spent a great amount of coins. Combining the 2 means you don't have to carry 2 different pieces of equipment. If you can't afford the Geovids definitely go with the fusions. I nave used Quickdraw's they are spot on for ranging.

Dino

i purchased my leica 1200 from cameralandny.

Been perfect for my needs

I like my Newcons. A little big, but I was able to range pronghorn at over 1800 meters.

CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elk_slyr93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just recently got a new Leica 1200 scan. I have been playing around with it a lot lately and I have been getting 12-1300. Very happy with it. $600 new </div></div>

Overcast day on semi-dense trees I've been able to hit 12-1300 as well with mine. Sunny days, not so much.