• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rangerproof/Shepherd 1-8x24mm

Made in China based on the price and the red/green illumination.
I'll wait until someone whose opinion I trust can provide first hand experience.

The specs and reticle look good to me. Without knowing anything more about the company or whose making them I'd still be a little skeptical though.

They are an American company based out of Florida. I thought they were assembled in Japan though.

They are an American company based out of Florida. I thought they were assembled in Japan though.

Countersniper is also an American based company. :p

Found two things on them (not much out there, yet they have been around since at least 1999). My biggest concern is just that - why spend any money with a company any of us have barely heard about in at least 17 years?

- On Amazon, some of the optics they have listed say Origin: CHINA even though this may be an oversight from whoever is selling it, or an assumption from whoever made the listing.

- Gale McMillan has a post/article where he mentions them in 1999:
I have no part of that business but have watched it since it came into the market and am aware of growing pains he had when working with some of the less reputable Japans firms before going with LOW

ETA: Looks like they were at SHOT2017. Not sure if they've been around and just decided to get more serious about chasing the lower end 'tactical scope' market or I'm way too much of a scope/gun/equipment snob and have never paid attention to them. But for the life of me, in anything I've read or watched they will never go into where it's made or anything outside of SCHOTT glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAeQIV6wqqw

Last edited: