• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up ranges in Clarksville, TN/Hopkinsville, KY?

aaronfor10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2012
Clarksville, TN
I'm heading to the Clarksville area at the end of the month and am looking for a place to stretch my legs so to speak. I've found Rockcastle shooting center so far but if there is anything closer that reaches out to at least 400m I would prefer to not to have to drive so far. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Re: ranges in Clarksville, TN/Hopkinsville, KY?

Montgomery Co Shooting Center is out your way, but it only goes out to 400 yards. Before Rock Castle opened I was driving to there from Bowling Green to find one even that long. I just joined Rock Castle up here. I'm allowed to bring a guest once before they have to join, and there is a $75 Steel Set Up Fee for each shoot on the 1000 + range. Been busy, and will be busy until finals are over:( or would be happy to take ya out as a guest. Ya might want to call them and see if they have non member rates.

TiredWings
Bowling Green, KY

Henry County Gun Club (Puryear, TN) has a 600 yard range and some really great people there. Shot a mini sniper match there last year with one of their members and everyone there was very hospitable. Good facilities with a couple different ranges of varying distances. Not sure how far of a drive that would be, but might be worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Henry County Gun Club (Puryear, TN) has a 600 yard range and some really great people there. Shot a mini sniper match there last year with one of their members and everyone there was very hospitable. Good facilities with a couple different ranges of varying distances. Not sure how far of a drive that would be, but might be worth it.</div></div>

it sounds a LOT closer than the alternatives thus far. I'll have to check it out next month when I get into town.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiredWings</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Montgomery Co Shooting Center is out your way, but it only goes out to 400 yards. Before Rock Castle opened I was driving to there from Bowling Green to find one even that long. I just joined Rock Castle up here. I'm allowed to bring a guest once before they have to join, and there is a $75 Steel Set Up Fee for each shoot on the 1000 + range. Been busy, and will be busy until finals are over:( or would be happy to take ya out as a guest. Ya might want to call them and see if they have non member rates.

TiredWings
Bowling Green, KY</div></div>

I've been looking into checking out rockcastle shooting center. I had heard about it from the 3 gun match they run in conjunction with arfcom. I am definitely interested but Idon't think that i'm interested so much that I'd get a membership and also pay 75$ / per trip. That seems a little outrageous to me. That being said my tune may change if I can't find another 1000+ range. Definitely wont be able to be a weekly thing at any rate... Thanks, Guys, I really appreciate the heads up!

Techtoy or anyone else,
Paper or steel on 16 at FTCKY?
Any info would be helpful.

Just rolled into Clarksville for a couple months of fun at KHOP. Planning on shooting this next weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Henry County Gun Club (Puryear, TN) has a 600 yard range and some really great people there. Shot a mini sniper match there last year with one of their members and everyone there was very hospitable. Good facilities with a couple different ranges of varying distances. Not sure how far of a drive that would be, but might be worth it. </div></div>

They have an OUTSTANDING group of guys there. I had the pleasure of teaching a class there and I can tell you... you will be hard pressed to find a better group of people. And the facility is nice.