• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition ranges in iowa no longer?

wildturkey2

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Lovilia , Iowa
My problem is i live in southern Iowa and not to far from pella Iowa wear the 1000yd range was but now it's gone and i have no wear to shoot long range wear would i go to shoot?will travel some but not to far ya know. any help would be nice thank you bob koch.

Re: ranges in iowa no longer?

there is a member link up forum, try asking that question in the Iowa section you may get more specific help there.
good luck.

I think Brownells has a range. I don't know if it is public or not, or how long it is. I belive it is in Montezuma?

But yeah, other than that, all I know of is 200-300 yd. Ranges.

I have to wait for the crops to get out before I can shoot over 300 yds.

Brownells rifle range is 500yds but it is not open to the public. I was told that Brownells was going to construct a 1,000yd range so the 1,000 yd club could hold matches. But it is not at the top of there list of things to do. If any of you Iowa people hear of a place to shoot long range drop me a line.

I do not think there is a 1,000 yard range in Iowa anymore. The closest 1k range ray be in Harris MN, about 40 miles north of Minneapolis, the website for the club is GRRC.org. I think we have a great KD range at Harris and hold about 8-10 matches a year on the range between benchrest at 600 and 1,000 yards HP, F-class and Palma.

By the way there is a long range HP match tomorrow and a Palma match on Sunday, F-class is shot on both days along with the iron sighters.

You might check into Midwest Benchrest they hold 600 and 1000 yard matches. Robert would love to have you. This range is only open for 600 & 1000 yard matches. I believe he is holding the Nationals their this year.
http://midwestbenchrest.com/

Also The Big Piney Sportsman's Club holds 600 yard Benchrest matches. We are not sanctioned for 2011 to punch your ticket for points. We are looking into this for 2012. We have 9 new benches on our firing line. The plan is to pour a concrete pad over our base rock firing line in the Spring of 2012 and put a cover over the firing line.
http://bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

Both of these ranges are about 15 miles apart in South Central Missouri.

At Big Piney we hold our Benchrest matches on Saturday, and the following Sunday will be either a Multi Range F Class 100 thru 800 yards, or a Sniper Match 100 thru 800 yards. Come on down for the weekend and camp out at the range. e-mail me for a list of Restaurants and Motels in the area if needed.

See You at the Range

Bob

Ya, you find anything hit me up... farthest I can get to around here is 200... dying to find some longer.