• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ranges near Ft.Campbell??

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
Google didnt turn up much on rifle ranges, just your typical indoor pistol ranges.. Anybody have info on rifle ranges around the Ft.Campbell area?

Also, anybody have info on Clarksville,TN? is it a good place to live? any other recommendations in proximity to post?

thanks

Many years ago, the Tennessee fish and game folks had some ranges on some of their state land. There was one not very far south of Clarksville, IIRC, maybe an hour south.

John

There is a nice range south of town. The Montgomery County Shooting Complex. Ft. Campbell also has a nice range on post but they no longer allow anything over 30 cal. About an hour and a half drive from Clarksville is Rock Castle and it looks like they are doing a monthly Snipers Hide shoot again. The long range area is good for about 1200 yard with one spot with a target at 1500 yards. There is also a range that recently opened in the Nashville area but it's a members only. There are several good locations to shoot in the area.

I was at Ft. Campbell last year. I would say housing just off post is not very desirable. Further out you go it's not bad though. One plus is Mid South Shooters Supply is in Clarksville.

There is a nice range south of town. The Montgomery County Shooting Complex. Ft. Campbell also has a nice range on post but they no longer allow anything over 30 cal. About an hour and a half drive from Clarksville is Rock Castle and it looks like they are doing a monthly Snipers Hide shoot again. The long range area is good for about 1200 yard with one spot with a target at 1500 yards. There is also a range that recently opened in the Nashville area but it's a members only. There are several good locations to shoot in the area.

I was at Ft. Campbell last year. I would say housing just off post is not very desirable. Further out you go it's not bad though. One plus is Mid South Shooters Supply is in Clarksville.

thanks for all in the info.. i will be PCS'ing there at the end of the year and I'm looking to find a nice area thats in a central area from post and somewhat close to Nashville. My wife works in the medical field and I figured Nashville would offer some decent job opportunities.

The only range I remember from Ft Campbell is 26 A, while in basic in 1969. The range officer told us we would never forget it. We low crawled all day, and most of the night. He was right.
Charles