• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rant with Verizon Cellular...

Victor N TN

Retired civilian fart
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2002
Knoxville TN
I'm going to do a copy and paste of an email I sent to Verizon. We went to a store locally to exchange my wife's phone that is having issues. With the cabinet behind the clerk running over with new phones, we were put off and asked to call the tech line for their corporation. 45 minutes later after my wife was almost in tears from being accused of imagining the problems, we were given a work order number and told we would get a new phone by messenger (UPS or FedEx) in a few days. We are leaving on our first vacation in years shortly. And we're going to have one phone that is questionable.

The names and numbers have been deleted.

Gentlemen,

As a long time cell phone user I have to make a statement about your customer service, or lack there of. We used US Cellular service for over 15 years. During that time we had close to 10 different phones. We were always treated fairly and with respect. The two times we had to have telephones replaced, we were in and out of the store in 10 to 15 minutes. Both times it was with the defective phone replaced with a new phone and contact data placed in the new phone.

We changed to Verizon phone network probably 2 to 3 years ago when my wife got a new deal where she works. My wife got a new Motorola flip style phone. It has been a good phone and we have never had a problem with it.

Toward the middle of April we decided to go ahead and get a phone for me with your company. My wife got a new Motorola rapture VU30 phone and I got her old phone. The new phone is a sharp piece of hardware.

We noticed within a couple of days we were having problems with calls on her new phone. The sound would break up or we would just loose the call entirely. Some times the calls would not go through at all. We have had several friends and family members say they tried to call. But upon checking the “missed calls” list, there was none.

We took the phone back to the store and “Cxxxxxx” said we needed to keep it a while longer to make sure. He did some computer voodoo and said he did some software updates. We needed to charge it fully for 24 hours and make sure the battery wasn’t the problem.

Fast forward to today 30-MAY-2010. We stopped by the local Verizon store where we have always done our business. After explaining our problem, the two young gentlemen gave us a slightly funny but pained look. We had actually gotten the phone on 20-APR-2010. It seems even though we had had it in to be looked at, we kept it too long for the replacement clause. Even though the cabinet behind the young man was quiet literally running over with new phones, Phil XXXXX could not replace our phone. It seems he had to call and get it approved. He and my wife spoke to “Paul” (with a heavy eastern European accent). No last name or employee number was given. After over 30 minutes of being on hold and answering questions, we were told we could not get a new phone today. But work order # XXX 111 is having a new phone shipped to our home.

My wife is going out of state Wednesday morning for several days. With a phone that may or may not work. And the store we were in had no less than 2 dozen new phones in the same kind of box.

Someone in YOUR COMPANY needs to grow up. Take responsibility for their decisions or those of their department. STOP putting some poor GED graduate with a note book of what questions to ask and what to do when given certain answers. He should not have to chase down a manager or supervisor and ask what to do. Have SOMEONE IN YOUR COMPANY grow the parts it takes to be a real man. In all my 57 years very few times have I witnessed this kind of pure CHICKEN SH*T from a national company that advertises to be the best.

Normal people have jobs. Normal people have families. Some times families have people or themselves are in the hospital. When we first took the phone in it should have been replaced. Now we are going out of town with a questionable phone. All because we are a few days out of your boundaries on the acceptable time limit. We were never told the replacement limit was 30 days.

Make no mistake about it. Every chance I get I’m going to complain to every possible new customer of yours I can find. It may be only a dozen. But given our jobs it may be as many as several dozen. How many other people will they tell? How many others will get this email?

Instead of advertising on TV how big the red map is and how much of this or that you have, how about redoing your customer service department. Try making the customers you have for the time being satisfied that everything is being done to keep their services up to date and complete. That might help keep the checks paying the bills every month. US Cellular was upset when we left them after so long. Will we keep your service when the current contract runs out? I am wondering now.

Can you hear me now…?

Vxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx
111-111-1111
222-222-2222

Re: Rant with Verizon Cellular...

Hope it all gets worked out for you, I think you just ended up with a poorly run local store though. We've had Verizon Wireless for several years and on one new phone when the sim card locked up for some reason and I couldn't do anything except emergency calls from the phone they replaced it on the spot in the store. Have always had fair bills and good customer service through them.

F--- Verizon. But really, f--- them all. Having worked in this industry I can tell you that once your a customer, they don't give a f--- about you until you are on your way out, then it's back to kissing your ass.

I've had Verizon for 10yrs at this point and have rarely had issues. Hell I just replaced a phone yesterday and it was done in 10 minutes. In and out, I will say that it does depend on which store you visit.

An interesting point of which I found yesterday is that not all Verizon stores are corporate owned. Most are, but a few stores are kind of franchised.

I think Nine hit it on the head. I know if your in vegas and you use the store on craig rd the service is shit, but down the road on civic center I have always been treated very well (thanks Tanya).

Same thing as Phantasm, had a Verizon phone replaced in less then 30 min. The longest part of that wait was my turn in line.

The Verizon outlet I go to is actually very large and run by Verizon so maybe that has something to do with it.

The young kids that were in the store were very sympathetic and even helpful. It was the jerk on the other end that caused all the problems. And who ever wrote the notebook... "when the customer says this, do / say this..."

I think they have a corporate problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The young kids that were in the store were very sympathetic and even helpful. It was the jerk on the other end that caused all the problems. And who ever wrote the notebook... "when the customer says this, do / say this..."

I think they have a corporate problem. </div></div>

Vic, (sorry for the F-bombs) you're so right though, the store people are intentionally powerless. Those kids working in the store have no power at all. Everything they do has to go through the same people you would talk to if you called customer service. I know because I was one of the guys in the background that actually made the changes that the store kids said they were making.

I've had 3 emails and 2 phone calls today. Basically I've told them the same thing. They should have taken care of it in the store.

The little girl that called yesterday, on Memorial Day, I blistered her ear. That was 1 more call than I actually expected.

I haven't heard anyone's butt frying in the fire yet. But I'm trying to keep the fire hot for a few days.

I use a tracphone, pay about $29 every 4-6 months.

Verizon is like a tin-can with a string, tried them twice and they just flat out sucked for call clarity.

If it were me I'd pay the cancellation fee and tell them to F off.

Buy a tracphone and put a years time on it and use it..

Phone breaks buy another one for $12 and swap the SIMM chip out.
I've never had to do that as the $14 Motorola is bullet proof.

I count the days until my verizon contract ends. I get crappy service, dropped calls and piss pour service!!

I picked up an IPhone when I renewed with A&T back last summer.

That IPhone is the greatest thing in the world. It's great for apps, navigation etc. It's great for everything except ACTUALLY MAKING F'ING PHONE CALLS.

I have never had so many calls dropped with any phone I have ever had. Sometimes I will drop the same person 3 or 4 times in one conversations.

Plus, the visual voicemail hasn't worked since last Nov. I get no notification that I have a message waiting.

After spending 2 hours on the phone we discovered that Apple says it's ATT's fault while ATT says it's Apples fault.

Articlight, I was just coming off of Track Phone. My wife has been on Verizon the past 3 years. When she got her new phone (that doesn't work) I got her old one. I like the phone I'm using. But when the Verizon contract runs out, I don't know if we'll renew or go back to US Cellular.

Wow. I thought I was the only one who had problems with Verizon CS. I just recently went through my own week long problem with them. I was due for a free upgrade again.(7 year customer)By the 4th day of being on the phone I was screaming profanities I was so pissed. Bear in mind I am overseas so every call I made was costing ALOT of money and I had to stay up late to make the calls. For 3 days in a row I was put on hold for over 2 hours at a time. I was thrown back and forth between multiple people and was told multiple times the fault was mine. I was told 5 different stories about why I could not have my phone shipped to me and was generally given the runaround. I still have all 19 emails from them responding to my complaints. Worst CS experience in my life. Eventually got it taken care of but it still leaves a bitter taste. I do not recommend Verion to anyone. The only reason I am still with them is because they offer the best coverage where I am at.