• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision RAPTAR Compatible AR Rail - Who made one?

Scwalker83

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2019
I remember a few years ago someone (Griffin Armament?) made a RAPTAR compatible AR rail that had the female threaded end tapped on the top of the rail? I can't seem to find anything about it on google. Does anyone know who made it?

I dont remember a RAPTAR specific rail, however the screw that goes through the body of the unit and into the mount is a STANAG 4694 compatible bolt. If I remember right, there were some rails with holes in them where this screw/bolt would thread into directly negating the need for the actual mount as you could hard mount it to the rail.

I also vaguely remember some sort of rail that had a section towards the front for a PEQ15 to sit lower but can't remember what it was.

I spent a good hour or so looking through google and didn't find what I was looking for. You're exactly right, the rail has female threads for the bolt on the unit. Allows it to sit lower. I guess I could probably drill and tap a rail and just mount it myself but would rather not do a hack job.

There are also 2 mounts for it. The latest ones came with a QD mount that had the unit sit much lower whereas that retarded mount on a mount on a mount thing they had made it sit way too far out.

On my MK12 it sits on the 9 o clock rail so I can see the display while on the gun. I also have the tape switch for it velcrod onto the mag well below where my finger would sit when safe.

LMT quad rails have the STANAG hole up front. Works fine, but the Rap is so bulbous that you can’t stick a white light up front when mounted. Most guys just use an optics riser above the scope, but it makes everything sit very high and can be a little unwieldy.

Obvoously, there are a few different ways to mount it:

708D3FF9-CDF8-4F19-B097-5C216ABE7EE5.jpeg

48A61A86-2EB0-4013-A8FF-4A963742BFF8.jpeg

Reactions: Scwalker83