• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Raptor Daptor

Asm1

Night walker
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2008
RBC / Gadsden AL.
asm-holsters.com
Arms Mounts Just Didn't Return To Zero Close Enough For Me,i Bought 4 So It Was A Fair Chance..Alos I wanted the raptor father back for better eye and neck position.

Built This Adaptor To Use An Acog Mount I Had Laying Around Will Replace This With A Bobro Or Larue,but The Acog Mounts Returns To Within 1moa Still Not Close Enough,but It Did Prove The Concept..

I Have Another adaptor With More Clearance At The Buis And To Use Different Mounts..

Re: Raptor Daptor

take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

God awful sniper eye cups.

I have had fairly good luck with ARMS mounts over the years, both rings, bases, and ACOG mounts.
Did have a set of 22M rings that wouldn't hold zero on any rail, ARMS replaced them. Usually best not to swap them around too much on different uppers or rails. ARMS have come out with some kind of adjustable mount, but haven't seen one yet.
We made a mount for the D-760 and interfaced it to a LaRue Tactical ACOG base, been pretty happy with it. But for NV that may get swapped around a bit on different weapon systems the Bobro bases which self adjust might be the best idea.
That said, zero problems with the LaRue Mount on my PVS-22, being adjustable goes a long way.

Here is the D-760 on the custom mount with LaRue base.

G2a.jpg

I've got a couple of eye cups for this scope, one with the "petals" cut out (nail clippers work perfectly) for non stealthy use.
Eye relief could be better, but is about perfect for me.

G2c.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

God awful sniper eye cups. </div></div>

I could just blow a fucking whistle as well..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

I could just blow a fucking whistle as well..</div></div>

Use a Filter instead. are people shooting back at you for real?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

I could just blow a fucking whistle as well.. </div></div>

Understood.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

Use a Filter instead. are people shooting back at you for real? </div></div>

Are you for real ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

Use a Filter instead. are people shooting back at you for real? </div></div>

Are you for real ?

</div></div>

You never explained what you use your raptor for.

My friend uses his raptor to shoot rabbits with.

So until you explain if your Raptor is used for hunting or military or LE work then its hard to know what you require.

I removed all the sniper eye cups off my dedicated units because they are rubbish, put your head to close to the scope and cause neck fatigue.

I have seen a Wilcox amber filter used to remove the green glow.

I dont remember asking your opinion..I dont need a raptor to shoot bugsbunny.
Life is a 2way range,Train this way and you may survive one..

Or just brandish, a Q-beam.
grin.gif

Train and use your equipment as you would fight. Gear and training are supposed to be comforting, not necessarily, comfortable.

Why would anyone remove the eye cup's from any NVD? Hunting at night or in bad weather is for a reason,... removing the cup/s is like saying,... here I is, shoot me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

grin.gif

Train and use your equipment as you would fight. Gear and training are supposed to be comforting, not necessarily, comfortable.

Why would anyone remove the eye cup's from any NVD? Hunting at night or in bad weather is for a reason,... removing the cup/s is like saying,... here I is, shoot me.
</div></div>

I remove mine often, but that's because shooting rabbits/foxes with it is a primary use. If you use a monocular and a riflescope, it's a lot easier that way when hunting and while the foxes are still unarmed, it's not a problem.
smile.gif

There are alternatives too. Such as using a scope with a proper exit pupil. I built such a scope and even with an open ocular it was not possible to see any significant glow on the glasses, eye or face in use. Even with NVDs. But to do that, you need about a 5mm exit-pupil @ 2".... VERY effective. But you want your shooting position to be very consistent.

Regards
David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take that stupid eye cup off and you will see your eye relief improve!

grin.gif

</div></div>

Well if this makes you happy then cool.

But the people over here have our guns to shoot pests with and generally for fun.

If you are a solider or officer then all the best to you.

But if you are one of these weekend warriors that lives in a hole in the ground called "the bunker" runs around the dessert with with his AR15, and orders pizza with language like "Wilco Raven, Understood, Copy Copy, Over & Out"

then...

A) you should think about taking the eye cup off

B) sort out your life

Man, just quit while your'e not too far behind. Until you know a little something about who you are talking to, it would be a good idea to just listen. That goes for life in general, not just this board.

It was just a joke calm down.

to many people on this forum take things to seriously.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MillSpec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to many people on this forum take things to seriously. </div></div>

That's the nature of those, that came to this site for reasons 99.99% of the day trippers here now, will never know.