• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rare Breed's Response to the ATF "I will not comply"

Whenever I open the link I can't see anything but white.
The man literally said "I will not comply" in his court response to the cease and desist, sued the DOJ and ATF: https://theinfidel.co/blogs/news/rare-breed-triggers-response-letter-to-the-atf-cease-and-desist
Edit: got it to work.

PDFtoJPG.me-1_1024x1024.jpg

0471233435371024_2_1024x1024.jpg

0471233435371024_3_1024x1024.jpg

0471233435371024_4_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Shit yeah, that’s awesome. I wish I hadn’t been infected by the gun-nut virus when I did, I don’t have enough expendable income to buy all the cool shit I want

Much respect to companies that fight unlawful bureaucracy. I didn't want one before but I might just to support them.

I just checked and it shows out of stock, but I sent them an email thanking them for not rolling over to their flip flop.

Last edited:
Shall not be infringed! How could this be anymore clear.

SHALL
  1. (in the first person) expressing the future tense.
    "this time next week I shall be in Scotland"

2. 2.
    expressing a strong assertion or intention.
    "they shall succeed"

Boy, mainstreet can sleep easy knowing these triggers won’t be sold 😂

Fuck the ATF, sorry but when little druggie biden clearly BSs the 4473 and tosses a pistol in a trash can next to a school, it makes the news, and these ATF clowns do NOTHING, they have no credibility

That was a well written letter. It was actually inspiring. I look forward to see the outcome. And, as stated above, I never had interest in a "bump" trigger or whatever is the 'technical' description, but I just might have to contribute to the lawyer fund to help it along. 🤠

Well written or not... look at the letterhead. Looks like a single attorney with an assistant. His website lists his areas of expertise as criminal defense, personal injury and "business matters." He might be a great all around attorney, but his practice is pretty diverse and he doesn't have the team behind him needed to offer up any meaningful resistance.

My money's on this not ending well. They'll get steam rolled. Hopefully I'm wrong....

From what I understand, the attorney is the owner, or possibly, one of the owners of rare breed. Loved the response and I guess I’ll buy one when they come back in stock.

Never had a need, or even a desire for one of these triggers, but damned if I don’t feel like buying one now!

Much respect to companies that fight unlawful bureaucracy. I didn't want one before but I might just to support them.

I just checked and it shows out of stock, but I sent them an email thanking them for not rolling over to their flip flop.

I just checked their site and they are out of stock. After reading that letter I want one, lol.
They have a mailing list and will send you an email when they are in stock- just in case you are interested...

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I see them “in stock” but when I try to purchase it takes me straight to coinbase to pay. No other payment option. Weird.

will try again when I get home and not on my phone.

I got an email that they were at the Pasadena gun show in Houston a couple of weeks ago. $400 cash. Hope the brought a ton and sold out…

Rare breed knew this would happen. That’s why they put lengthy video on their site with an attorney speaking attorney speak. They were trying nip it in the bud. Besides, it is my understanding that ATF only enforces existing laws derived from the legislative branch.

• Love
Reactions: Baron23
Well written or not... look at the letterhead. Looks like a single attorney with an assistant. His website lists his areas of expertise as criminal defense, personal injury and "business matters." He might be a great all around attorney, but his practice is pretty diverse and he doesn't have the team behind him needed to offer up any meaningful resistance.

My money's on this not ending well. They'll get steam rolled. Hopefully I'm wrong....

Im sure the NRA will put the full support of its membership behind this just as soon as Wayne gets the right suit.

Rare breed knew this would happen. That’s why they put lengthy video on their site with an attorney speaking attorney speak. They were trying nip it in the bud. Besides, it is my understanding that ATF only enforces existing laws derived from the legislative branch.

Problem is the legislative branch realized it could avoid accountability to its constituents by creating letter agencies to draft CFRs that carry the weight of law.

Don't like the mask mandate in your kids school?

Your congressman will agree with you to your face and say it wasn't him....it was CDC and Dept of Education.

Seems odd to me an order to cease/desist manufacturing on anything should come from Washington not some local satellite office in Tampa. Especially considering there doesn't seem to be proof of any NFA violation, not even close. I think they are using the "beat up on the little guy" routine to eat the elephant "one bite at a time". This is a slippery slope to allow these administrative dictats to be treated as law. At least they are fighting back!!

Reactions: acudaowner
Seems odd to me an order to cease/desist manufacturing on anything should come from Washington not some local satellite office in Tampa. Especially considering there doesn't seem to be proof of any NFA violation, not even close. I think they are using the "beat up on the little guy" routine to eat the elephant "one bite at a time". This is a slippery slope to allow these administrative dictats to be treated as law. At least they are fighting back!!

What has happened lately is some minor desk position on "their own initiative" sends out a cease and desist.

If it works great.

If they get pushback higher office says that was never supposed to be sent out but now that everyone is aware of the problem CFRs will be reviewed to end this "egregious violation".

Only looking at the drawing it seems the way this works is the tail end of the bolt carrier hits a lever that forces the trigger to reset and as long as the shooter maintains "pull" input the rifle will fire as fast as the bolt will cycle.

But still....trigger gets pulled for each individual round.

ATF has a lot of definitions that seem fucked up.

Neither the frame nor the upper of any semi-auto meets the definition of "firearm" on its own yet a P320 trigger is a firearm but the frame and slide are neither.

Stop regulating inanimate objects and worry about user abuse.

Only looking at the drawing it seems the way this works is the tail end of the bolt carrier hits a lever that forces the trigger to reset and as long as the shooter maintains "pull" input the rifle will fire as fast as the bolt will cycle.

But still....trigger gets pulled for each individual round.

ATF has a lot of definitions that seem fucked up.

Neither the frame nor the upper of any semi-auto meets the definition of "firearm" on its own yet a P320 trigger is a firearm but the frame and slide are neither.

Stop regulating inanimate objects and worry about user abuse.

That's what I thought when they first came out, but it requires technique. Owners were saying if you gorilla grip the trigger, it will not fire again. Let's say the FRT reset lever has 4lb of force, if you pull back harder than that it won't reset properly. I believe the BCG will also not close all the way as that lever is blocking the final travel distance. To operate, the shooter needs to maintain more pressure than the trigger break weight, but less than the lever reset force.

Someone who actually owns one should jump in if this is wrong.

That's what I thought when they first came out, but it requires technique. Owners were saying if you gorilla grip the trigger, it will not fire again. Let's say the FRT reset lever has 4lb of force, if you pull back harder than that it won't reset properly. I believe the BCG will also not close all the way as that lever is blocking the final travel distance. To operate, the shooter needs to maintain more pressure than the trigger break weight, but less than the lever reset force.

If you look at the drawings, that is essentially correct. There is a lever that is tripped when the carrier goes into battery. This lever pushes the trigger forward so that it will reset. If you hold the trigger with enough pressure, you can prevent that little lever from moving and also prevent the bolt carrier from going fully into battery.

Reactions: KZP

If you look at the drawings, that is essentially correct. There is a lever that is tripped when the carrier goes into battery. This lever pushes the trigger forward so that it will reset. If you hold the trigger with enough pressure, you can prevent that little lever from moving and also prevent the bolt carrier from going fully into battery.

Thank you.

Makes great sense.

I was kind of thinking if you had to take the banging of the bolt for a bunch of cycle your trigger finger would eventually be beat to mush.

I guess you have to be just under the return pressure of the recoil spring with your press.

Thank you.

Makes great sense.

I was kind of thinking if you had to take the banging of the bolt for a bunch of cycle your trigger finger would eventually be beat to mush.

I guess you have to be just under the return pressure of the recoil spring with your press.

Correct. If you apply too much pressure you will cause a stoppage with a dead (not reset) trigger and a live round in the chamber.

Last edited:
Reactions: KZP