• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Rare Noveske Project Ares

bmin88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2017
    Kingsport, TN
    B4D42327-1030-411A-B027-B4F44B5772F1.jpeg

Noveske Project Ares rifle - $2800 shipped Sold

More Pics

I am parting with a very rare Noveske Project Ares — the only Noveske factory rifle to use a Knights Armament rail and one of last rifles released while John was still alive. I emailed Noveske about some original build info since it's missing the original signed/dated certificate these came with, and learned this rifle was completed by them on 12/12/2011 and the barrel serial # matches their records for the original build.

Original rifle specs:

14.5” 1:7” mid-length gas stainless barrel w/ Mod 0 5.56 match chamber

AAC 51t blackout pinned to 16” non-NFA length

Gas block is pinned & barrel has black KG gunkote finish

KAC URX2 rifle length rail w/ integral front sight

KAC micro 600m rear sight

Noveske-marked Vltor upper

Noveske forged Gen 2 lower

Geissele SSA-E trigger

Noveske qd endplate

This is a gen 1 Project Ares rifle which uses a forged gen 2 lower receiver. The rifle has ~400 rounds through it per the original owner and is original except for the following parts — charging handle changed from Noveske/Vltor raptor to PRI gasbuster, stock changed from B5 Sopmod to Magpul STR and grip changed from Magpul MIAD to Tangodown BG-16. I have fired exactly one magazine through the rifle since I bought it and am the one who swapped out the parts, except for the stock. The rifle is in great condition, mostly showing just normal light wear from use and safe storage. The only notable cosmetic flaw worth mentioning, not from normal use, is where the previous owner tightened down some unnecessary screws in the sides of the KAC rail, leaving marks in the finish of the counterbores for screw heads in the rail (pictured).

Make sure your FFL will accept a shipment from an individual, otherwise you will need to cover the cost to have it shipped from an FFL on my end.

USPS money orders preferred, but I can also do discreet PayPal friends & family. The rifle will be sent via shipmygun.com w/ full value insurance.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bakwa and NHPiper
    Am a big Noveske collector, no cert? I had a supdef that the cert got damaged in transit and Noveske printed a new one for me with proof/serial #. Noveske unable to provide cert or not asked?

Reactions: Bakwa
    Honestly, I never thought to ask them about replacing the certificate when I emailed them. I’ll reach out again and see what they say.

Just heard back from Noveske — they said they don’t typically reissue certificates of authenticity, but they are happy to give rifle build info when provided w/ the rifle serial #. I already have all this info, since I did just that, and I am happy to provide screenshots of my emails with them to serious buyers.