• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: RAT KNIFE WHO

If you cannot find anyone, www.bladehq.com keeps good inventory. Also if an item is out of stock use the email option when the item is in stock. They do follow up with these emails. Never had any issues with this company.

Ontario may still make the RAT by that name, but the line is now in-house with ESEE. Myself, I can't have too many ESEE knives. I buy direct from ESEE Knives with an LEO account, but the website lists local dealers.
http://eseeknives.com/onlinedealers.htm

On the Hide, I don't know. I'll watch the thread and learn myself. Man, you can't get a better knife!

ShaggyDog either you haven't used to many well made knives or you have an intrest in ESEE. I can think of a list of better knives from a bunch of great makers.

I don't have anything to gain by recommending ESEE. That said, I'd be a fool to say I know it all, so, I'm open to suggestions. I also know that today we are spoiled for good knives out there from knife maker big and small. If I claim any expertise, it would be buying knives
wink.gif

But I should qualify my statement by adding that I include price in the formula. If I spend too much for a knife, I'd feel bad when said knife gets lost in the field, etc., so it would end up in a shadow box somewhere (which I dont' have).

Buy your knife, use it like you stole it, take good care of it, and keep it sharp. Works for my knives and tomahawks. My ESEEs have dealt with it the best. I don't own any $200-and-up knives, but I can still split wood and start a fire, skin a critter, whittle a tool, pry a door, break a window, dig a hole, cut rope and tarp...