• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rats! Scope Question/Suggestion

Apothus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2007
Prescott, Arizona
Well it finally happened. Today I was going over my favorite rifle and my heart sank. Her scope has finally started to die. I bought it as a Weatherby Vanguard package in 30-06 with the Bushnell 3-9x40 Banner series about 6 years ago. I've abused both the rifle and the scope but it's always held true. Today, while looking through the scope, I noticed a little blurring around the edges. Thinking my glasses were smudged I cleaned them up and looked through the scope again. Lo and behold, the blur was still there.

Now my question is, will this blurring in the top left hand corner of the image effect my shooting at all? The crosshairs and center portion of the image is still perfectly clear, but that one corner is blurring. So am I done with shooting through this scope, or can I shoot until it completely goes south?

Re: Rats! Scope Question/Suggestion

Look through the other end and see if your lenses have cracked. If it has there is no telling when it will go out on you.

Cheers,

Doc