• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Rattler

Re: Rattler

Be glad it didn't land on you! I once had a cottonmouth fall from a tree in the everglades and right into our canoe. A real no-shit moment!!

My anus would have puckered a little...must admit.

I hate'em too.

The only way I like to see rattlesnakes is when they're dead. Rattling, slithering sitting still are all perfect indicators to shoot, cut or smash'm some more.

Rattlers give me the willies!!! Been to a couple of Rattlesnake Roundups and I still can't believe the people that jump in there and catch them with their hands. Not Me!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About how high up do you think he fell. </div></div>

Samuel L. Jackson threw him from 40k'

At your house?

There was a baby that was a foot long a couple nights ago...he didn't last real long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike_l</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you let it live? </div></div>

I hope he helped it die ..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elohim1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike_l</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you let it live? </div></div>

I hope he helped it die .......... </div></div>
1+ only good rattler is a dead one

Dave, looks like it could be nice BBQ'd with a bit of that brown sauce I sent you!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remind me to bring an umbrella if i ever come over.</div></div>

Now that made me laugh
smile.gif

It looks like it has bright white around the diamonds like a Mojave rattlesnake-though I doubt Mojaves live in anywhere but California and Nevada.

Rattlesnakes are great! They both taste good and they are a cool animal.
I hate pack rats-I wish I had more rattlers around where I live, or better yet bullsnakes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VIET</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you can kill it and use its skin to make wallets, purses etc.. </div></div>

The rattlesnake skin is the best camo backing for your bow if you bow hunt!

I'm no expert, but that does look a hell of a lot like a Mojave. He would look even better with his head seperated from his body. Damn I hate a snake!

I have a lot of rattlesnakes near my house. I never kill them, because they keep the rat population down. Also, I think snakes are pretty cool.

James

Well at least is sounds like he went away from you rather then towards. I am not sure I would have held the camera that steady after it fell out of a tree.

Usually those guys have less desire to meet you than you do for them. unless of course one actually falls on you and then I figure it was just fate.....

I mean what do the odds have to be of a snake actualy falling out of a tree on you...... i mean really, you must have really pissed someone off for that to happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a horse on the pasture bit by a rattlesnake a few years back so on my property it is death to all rattlesnakes. </div></div>
Horses get bit by rattlesnakes stepping on them often cause horses hate snakes like many people. Accidental bites occur as well when a snake is in the shade of a barn. I like both horses and snakes its a tuff call. Make sure you don't have rats hanging around too much near the horses and this should help keep the snakes away. Obviously won't prevent a Horse meeting a snake on the trail, but to be honest 95% of the time a snake senses the hoof beats and leaves the path long before the horse comes by.

I don't have any rats, plenty of mice. With a hay barn you always have mice. I have a couple of bull snakes around which help. I had always given the rattlesnakes a pass in the pastures until my horse got bit. I agree about sensing the hoof beats, usually a snake will just get out of the way. Never had a problem with a rattlesnake on the trail, have heard them in the brush nearby once or twice, the horse was not amused. I have killed about 6 rattlesnakes over the years in my dry lot, the barn, my backyard, and on the way to the barn prior to the horse getting bit. My horse was bit directly in the end of his nose so I suspect a snake was in a hole or else my horse was dumb enough to try and sniff one. Actually about the best place for a horse to get bit. In the leg often messes up the tendons. His head swelled up huge. The vet put a tube in his nose so he could continue to breath and gave him anti-venom. In a couple of days the swelling went away and he is OK. We also had a neighbor's boy get bit in the hand this year. He also survived after a few days in the hospital and many thousands of dollars of anti-venom. So I no longer have any tolerance for rattle snakes.

It has been a really bad year in Arizona for snakes even up here in the high desert! We have had numerous calls for rattlesnakes and typically only have one a year. We even had one where a king snake was eating a rattlesnake. Since there seems to be no shortage of bull snakes around to eat the rodents......the only good rattlesnake is a dead rattlesnake!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have any rats, plenty of mice. With a hay barn you always have mice. I have a couple of bull snakes around which help. I had always given the rattlesnakes a pass in the pastures until my horse got bit. I agree about sensing the hoof beats, usually a snake will just get out of the way. Never had a problem with a rattlesnake on the trail, have heard them in the brush nearby once or twice, the horse was not amused. I have killed about 6 rattlesnakes over the years in my dry lot, the barn, my backyard, and on the way to the barn prior to the horse getting bit. My horse was bit directly in the end of his nose so I suspect a snake was in a hole or else my horse was dumb enough to try and sniff one. Actually about the best place for a horse to get bit. In the leg often messes up the tendons. His head swelled up huge. The vet put a tube in his nose so he could continue to breath and gave him anti-venom. In a couple of days the swelling went away and he is OK. We also had a neighbor's boy get bit in the hand this year. He also survived after a few days in the hospital and many thousands of dollars of anti-venom. So I no longer have any tolerance for rattle snakes. </div></div>

I understand. And if you have children in the area a snake looking for shade and moisture in a garden and backyard can be a problem. My dad once caught a rattler in the tomato bush and he brought it out and let it go. "the snake came back the very next day" as the old song could go-right to the same tomato bush so my dad loped the head off. As for AZ having lots of snakes this year, NM where I'm at is low on them, Ours must have left for AZ!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pre64WINmarksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for AZ having lots of snakes this year, NM where I'm at is low on them, Ours must have left for AZ! </div></div>

You can have them back if you want
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like supper to me! </div></div>

I have eaten rattlers couple times, and my dad, in the 60's when he was in the Army doing manuvers and drills in the desert said he and his buddies ate em all the time.

There is also a restaurant in Denver that serves rattler as an appetizer...and pretty tasty...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be glad it didn't land on you! I once had a cottonmouth fall from a tree in the everglades and right into our canoe. A real no-shit moment!!

</div></div>

Had the same thing happen here on the Wekiva river about 10 years ago. My quick thinking but not so bright cousin, who was in the front of the canoe, spun around and shot at it 4 times with his SW chief's special 38. Missed it all 4 times. . .in a rental canoe. I don't go on too many canoe trips with him anymore.

Rattle snake makes really good fajitas when you pan fry it with a little cumin and coriander powder and squeeze a little lime juice over it. Mix in a some goat or pork to give it some fat and it's even better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve903</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be glad it didn't land on you! I once had a cottonmouth fall from a tree in the everglades and right into our canoe. A real no-shit moment!!

</div></div>

Had the same thing happen here on the Wekiva river about 10 years ago. My quick thinking but not so bright cousin, who was in the front of the canoe, spun around and shot at it 4 times with his SW chief's special 38. Missed it all 4 times. . .in a rental canoe. I don't go on too many canoe trips with him anymore. </div></div>

Just north of Dade City Fla., my cousin and I had one fall into our boat as well while fishing Silver Lake. I had always known he was fast, but never knew he could walk on water until that day. I killed it with a ore and laughed at him the rest of the day.
grin.gif