• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Raven Concealment Systems

KNIGHT11B4

Core Shooting
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Everywhere
www.coreshooting.com
Not much info on here about these so figured Id start a thread.

Looking for info on the different cuts, mounting options, ect.

What do you guys think of these, who has used them?

Looking at getting one for a USP and a Glock 19. Wondering what cut and mounting options. Need to be able to carry concealed and also exposed in a more tactical situation. Also can the model made for a light used without the light on the pistol?

Any info or insight on these would be appreciated.

Re: Raven Concealment Systems

I have one cut for glock 19 with a surefire x300 on it. I would NOT recommend using it without the light. Doesnt seem to be enough tension without that extra surface area. The one I got has zero cant on it and is outside the waistband. I live the NW so 99% of the time I have light windbreaker/rainjacket on and it hides under there perfectly. I think the RCS holsters have pieces you can buy though to make them IWB.

I recently used it for a defensive handgun class and it worked like charm. Very comfortable

I love mine. I use the standard belt loops and it fits snug to the body. I got the stadard cut holster and later cut the backside down like the MD Cut. As far as your weapon fitting without the light I will hafta check on that as I never take the light off my M&P. You might check out the Cloak Holsters as well. There was a thread on here about those. They look like the Ravens but cost less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine. I use the standard belt loops and it fits snug to the body. I got the stadard cut holster and later cut the backside down like the MD Cut. As far as your weapon fitting without the light I will hafta check on that as I never take the light off my M&P. You might check out the Cloak Holsters as well. There was a thread on here about those. They look like the Ravens but cost less. </div></div>

The Cloak Holsters aren't even accepting orders right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine. I use the standard belt loops and it fits snug to the body. I got the stadard cut holster and later cut the backside down like the MD Cut. As far as your weapon fitting without the light I will hafta check on that as I never take the light off my M&P. You might check out the Cloak Holsters as well. There was a thread on here about those. They look like the Ravens but cost less. </div></div>

The Cloak Holsters aren't even accepting orders right now. </div></div>

That would be a problem.

I have an OWB that I bought to go with an HK45 and a TLR2, along with the "wings" to let you IWB it. Frankly, for IWB, it's just about worthless, and as an OWB item the HK45 is winters only and/or the balloons went up and it doesn't matter people see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not much info on here about these so figured Id start a thread.

Looking for info on the different cuts, mounting options, ect.

What do you guys think of these, who has used them?

Looking at getting one for a USP and a Glock 19. Wondering what cut and mounting options. Need to be able to carry concealed and also exposed in a more tactical situation. Also can the model made for a light used without the light on the pistol?

Any info or insight on these would be appreciated.</div></div> Here is a thread I did comparing RC & KC holsters with several pics of a their G19 w/ X300 holsters. KC isn't taking orders right now, but if you are mil/leo...email Eugene and talk to him...he might help you out.

RC took 3.5 months to send me 2 mag pouches that were made for a lefty (wrong side)...they pissed me off pretty good after that long of a wait for the wrong shit. Ironically enough, they sent a left-handed buddy the wrong side carrier too, so we swapped.

If you can, look them up on Facebook. Put a message on their page asking about the fit without the light for your pistol and they'll get back to you asap. Im a cpl weeks away from my 3. If you order, be prepared to wait a few months, Im just on 4 months now. they havebeen grat with any questions and me changing my order a few times.
They have also just come out with Pink kydex, I got one for the Mrs, make the shooting experience more fashionable and more likely to get her out to the range to shoot. My other theory is, if she goes concealed with it and someone see's it, they'll just think its a cell phone case. No one would think its a pink holster. Just a theory..

Knight, give Mike a call at Talon Tactical, he can make you just about anything that you want, wont have the 3 month wait of Raven. ANd he is a local Ga guy so I am sure if need be you could try em out.

Someone mentions pink kydex, and outsy he pops ...

laugh.gif

After emailing an order to Kaluban back in October (which they apparently lost and didn't ever respond to) I redid an order on December 4 for two holsters, two LR20 Pmag carriers, and one regular Pmag carrier on their new online order system...which I just canceled a few days ago. Not a peep out of them at any time except to confirm that my order was canceled.

Raven, on the other hand, was willing to make a Leatherman Wave carrier for me using my Wave as part of their forming process, so I ordered 3 of them back on October 18th (around the same time as the original Kaluban order.) They told me not to send in my Wave until 10 weeks had gone by, which I did. They immediately confirmed that they had received it. They have emailed me several times since then to let me know as my order moved through the system, and I anticipate getting my gear anytime.

I really like the rounded corners, folded over design, and general styling of the Kaluban stuff, and actually bought a couple of Pmag and Glock mag carriers on the secondary market. They work great, although perhaps a bit TOO well formed and tight - which is something I've heard about their stuff.

I had bought a Raven OWB rig for my G17/X200 (before Magpul Dynamics made them famous, thank you very much!
smile.gif
and it works great. Nice and concealable even with just a Tshirt, and has just the right amount of retention. I tried Kaluban mainly because their leadtime was supposed to be short, but I think the Raven overflow just foundered them.

All things considered, Raven is a safer bet right now, and their comms are WAY better. I just wish I had scored an OWB for a G26 before the rush hit!
smile.gif

Steve Stamper over at www.psholsters.com is another good one.

he has literally bent over backwards for me in taking the time to do a light bearing holster for my Sig 1911R. Answers all his communications as well.

I have a RC for a Sig p229 with a M6x light. It seems that the tension that secures the weapon into the holster is on the light and not the weapon itself. So you really can't use it without the light on the weapon. I ordered another one for just the weapon itself a few months ago. I got the short body shield cut. I love the holster looks great and functions. Not really realistic for IWB carry with the configuration of gun and light I have. I also have 2 single mag carriers. No complaints and I would order again. There is quite a wait however and if there was a comparable product cheaper and less wait time I would not be opposed to trying it.

They don't fit without the light. The retention on the holster is pretty much dependent on the light. They actually mention this on their website, here:
http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/faq.php?#5

I really like mine for OWB carry, but as I'm carrying now at 3 o'clock, I don't find IWB carry comfortable with it, nor any other kydex holsters. Behind the hip, I think they're great for IWB.

I have what they term the MD cut. I didn't care about the sweat guard being lowered or not, but I prefer a straight up draw for 3 o'clock carry.

After running it with the lower sweat guard...I kinda like it. I don't think it's a deal breaker, but it certainly feels like your grip is more complete in the holster. I'm not saying that it is, but not feeling the sweat guard gliding under your thumb as you draw is a different feeling for me. OWB, I haven't noticed any increased problems with an undershirt falling into the holster mouth.

The production quality of my RCS is the best I've seen at any price. They're definitely worth the wait, and the money (and this is coming from a guy who occasionally makes kydex holsters, himself).

If you have questions, drop them a line: contact info. Tom and the gang are pretty prompt about getting back to folks (same or next day, every time I've sent them an email).

I got one in 2007 for the M&P with light. I wore it a lot, mostly IWB. Several months ago I found a crack in it; they replaced it within a week or two, no hassles at all. The newer one appears to be made of thicker material. The design carries and conceals well for me.

I have a couple different raven holsters and yes they are great. Also, you cannot really use it with out the light because it remains pretty loose inside