• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rayner’s SE Ohio Fall Sniper Challenge Nov 3-4

mscott

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
Central Ohio
O.K., here it comes again. November 3rd and 4th. I just cut and pasted the info below from the previous match thread, but I'm sure it will be similar. Any changes will be announced in this thread. There will be 20 shooters per day for Saturday and Sunday. $50 match fee is due by October 1st. Any cancellations after Oct. 10 will not be refunded. If you already signed up after the last match you are GTG and no need to call back in.

Cost to shoot the match will be $ 50.00. There will be trophies for 1st 2nd and 3rd places (NO PRIZE TABLE). Start time will be 8:00 am. We are looking at about 20 stages. We are going to run a few stages timed like a pistol match. Most stages you will have 2 shots per target if needed. It looks as if the longest shot will be 950 yards. Minimum of 45 shots and max of about 80. It will be shot in a one day format. All competitors will pre register for the match. They will be able to shoot the match either on a Saturday or a Sunday. The staff will shoot on Friday. It looks as if there will be 2 different structures to shoot from incorporated into the match. Scoring will be 10 points for a first shot hit and 5 points for a 2nd shot hit. Competitors will walk and carry what ever they think they will need for the match. There will be a break for lunch. There will be no spotters. We will call out a hit or a miss that is it. The scenario is You are behind enemy lines and your spotter is dead. There are no classes .... it's run what you brung. Nothing larger than .338 and of course no armor piercing ammo. Target ranges will be given, so no range finding needed.

For directions, contact info etc. the web site is http://www.raynersrange.com/ There are also monthly matches on the 4th Sunday of every month if you'd like to check it out ahead of time. Overnight camping is permitted. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the concession/registration area.

Last I knew there were only 8 spots left for Sunday and maybe a couple for Saturday.

Re: Rayner’s SE Ohio Fall Sniper Challenge Nov 3-4

Registered and Paid.... Looking forward to another fun filled Saturday....
wink.gif

1 opening for Saturday and 6 left for Sunday.

I signed up and ,think, paid at the last match but haven't gotten a confirm, how do I check? Name is sean hausman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sch2046</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I signed up and ,think, paid at the last match but haven't gotten a confirm, how do I check? Name is sean hausman </div></div>
If you already signed up and paid I'm sure you are fine, but you can call the Rayner's to double check. (740)-674-7019

There is one opening left for Sunday and the match will be full.

Sean or anyone else, if you have already paid you match fee you should have received a confirmation letter. If you haven't yet paid, please do so.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">What day is open?</span> I may be able to find a shooter....

1 day, Saturday or Sunday. I think I got the last spot on Saturday, don't know if they have any openings or not. Call or email Tom Rayner to find out if there is an opening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so its 1 day or 2?... you sign up on what day you want? </div></div>

It's a 1 day match.

Right now there are 2 spots open for Sunday, so get an email or phone call made if you want one. Also, match fees are due next week for any that haven't made other arrangements with the Rayner's.

Absolutely awesome match! I've. Shot every sniper match they've had and each one has been awesome and never the same. Ive shot my share of these types of matches and it would do some other match directors some good to go to rayners and see how they do it.

Very challenging and very well run as always. The rayners are some of the most humble salt of the earth folks ive met. Just great people to be around.

Thanks for a great match and your hospitality.

Doug

Spot on Killswitch. This was my first match of this type and man what a blast. I had a hard time sleeping last night because I couldn't stop thinking about it. Awesome. Swinging Hook and Ring - now there is something I had never shot at before. So many challenging stages, and the stages that were extraordinarily tough were like that for everyone - didn't matter what your experience level.

Kudos to the Rayners and the staff that helped out and made everything run like a Swiss clock. Just an outstanding match.

Dave M.

The Rayner's put on one hell of a challenging course with 20 stages in a little more then 7 hours. We usually bring a couple of chairs to most competitions but there was no need for one there.
The stages were very challenging and well though out. The helicopter stage was ingenious.
Thank you for having this and for your great hospitality.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you who looked after my son Carl this weekend. I am amazingly proud as a father that a group of "A" personality long range shooters would take a youngster in as one of their own. It says an awful lot about the shooting community. Thank you!

Was this match a run and gun or was it just shooting from odd positions and targets? If not a run and gun I will try it next time.

Some run and gun and a lot of moving. Quite fast paced. Very very minimal down time.

Shot it today, and it was an awesome experience. As always, was surrounded by great people, which makes it even better. Of course, I wish I had shot a lot better, but that seems to be the case every month for me. Very well thought out stages and scenarios. Of course the staff that ran it did an outstanding job as well.

Thanks to the Rayner's and staff for putting on such a great match. Already excited for the next one in April.

NO FOG today!!!! Yea!

Great match, as already mentioned. It's almost hard to believe how smooth a 20 stage match can run, but the crew at Rayner's makes it happen time after time. Thanks to all involved.

carlsdad, Carl is a good young shooter to have around. He's like a sponge absorbing any info he can get ahold of. It's great to see young shooters jumping into the shooting sports as it's obviously the best way to keep the games alive. Thanks for letting him play.

Next Sniper Challenge match will be April 6 and 7th, so get yourself registered if you want in. The regular monthly rifle matches start back up in February.

well i got through my first sniper match! man do i have a lot of practicing to do.
first thing i need to work on is to figure out which country we are in when i'm told to shoot the driver first. . . DOH !
had a great time, meet a bunch of good guys , and learned a lot.
rayners put on a great match with excellent stages, all ready signed up for the spring match.
and thanks to all the guys and gals that were spotting and scoring , the ride home got me thinking on all the work they went through to set every thing up, you would have to really enjoy this sport to do what they done and hats off to all of them!

I need to get ahold of Zach Purvis or Kevin Johnston. They had mentioned a place to shoot really long range near the Butler, PA area. Anyone know how to get ahold of them? Tell them I want to talk to them? My number is 317-840-0165.

Thanks - Bryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey.... just put this together for your normal match's..
your hand out target papers looked like they needed updated
smile.gif

</div></div>

That's pretty cool, but Tom sometimes changes colors and is talking about adding or changing targets around for next year. Might even add a new station or 2. He was talking that he kinda hated to do it since no one has broken a 400 score yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if things do get moved around a little.